Apple Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone iphone service customer store customer service problem money support products
Filter review

Lost the sale where is my return for the bids I used?

I understand that we can redeem bids lost when we lost the bid on an article. Can't find out how to do this. I hope I am not charged for anything since I couldn't win any bids. I cannot reccommend this site to any friends at this time. I would love the chance to try again. I thought it was fun but was not successful in my bidding. Lost in the last 1 or 2 seconds. I would like the chance to try again but my budget will not allow me to throw money away. I hope you can help.

What site?

Toledo, Ohio

Apple sucky part 2

2. Apple's hypocritical policy enforcement around point 1 Ok get this to show you how f--ed up their policy of 2 ipads is. Immediately after they sent me this note: Your order has already been cancelled. Please see the Order details page for more information. We can't allow you to order iPads with your current address. i went ahead and ordered an apple tv (with all the same billing address etc.) Look what i get Dear SAEED A SIDDIKI, We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items has shipped. Please see the details of the shipment below. If you ordered more than one item, they may ship separately. So let me get this right! apple is more than willing to ship and deal with me on all other products expect the iPad?!?! what a *** contradiction. Why all the "allegedly" smart companies are the dumbest! shame apple for shame!

Dude did you call them? They have people that can sort out order issues on the phone.

Reston, Virginia

Apple MacBook Pro

I was assisted to buy an Apple Mac Pro laptop computer to finish my education, at a distance. I have been using laptops for many years. This was to be my dream computer, which would go on to assist me in my home-based business based on my disabilities. There were problems from the beginning. I had a warranty, so Apple sent boxes 2 times for me to send the computer back. They said the fixed 1-Unrecognized Drive, Bracket, and Enclosure-Mechanical/Cosmetic Damaged, installed a new hard drive, and I had to perform numerous hours of telephone troubleshooting. the first time. This put me way behind in college, which cost more for each missed semester. I purchased the extended 3 1/2 warranty, and Apple Protection Plan. The 2nd time Apple sent a box and installed another hard drive, a nw operating systems, and it became the 4th time we performed numerous telephone troubleshooting. Since I part of my disabiities are related to seizures, because of anxiety, and panic attack, I had 2 seizures when the computer was worst then ever. My business failed (which I had worked on for 22 years ) because of receivng terrible e-mails, and the college again told me I would not be allowed to graduate. i had to spend more time and money from school, and became home bound, alone, and would not talk to anyone, hoping if I kept typing the papers over and over the instructors would except them The fonts changed size and colors, and integrated all kinds of other documents, and so much more, but Apple would not replace my computer which is this computer tat I will not do anything but e-mail, and research. I was also supposed to receive a free Ipad because of al the problems. It was worst the ever this previous semester, and i will not ne going back to college, and my 22 year old business left people without important work I had done for them for 22 years, so I lost y business. Apple wants to send me a box again, and do the same thing over. I want my computer replaced, and my Ipad, and I will never use this computer for anything other then what I previously mentioned.I used to train others to use computers, so I am not a novice, just a disabled person who was trying to go back to being a productive member of society. Please , Please help. Thank you, Darlene

I have a feeliing that you failed at your job and college for other reasons than the Mac. Your grammar is horrendous.

Was this a community college paid for by taxpayers?

I know twelve year olds that communicate better than this. :roll

:x

View more comments (1)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Trusting

I purchased an apple I-MAC 6 months ago. Recently took to apple store with small issues -- APPLE STORE GREAT!!!! The reason I purchased the mac at best buy was they had a great finance package- only reason. When we decided to purchase the sales associate offered an open box one. I said no, we want a new one not a used one. He informed us that he had just sold this that morning and the couple had brought it back 20 minutes later because it did not fit on their desk, assured us it had not been plugged in, nor turned on. My trip to apple store proved otherwise, computer had 4 days left on warranty, it had been registered to another owner. I had gone to best buy right after purchasing, asking why I was not prompted for registration, I am new to apples, told don't need to do that with apples , the purchase of the item registers the product. Called customer service, Best buy has no customer service just lip service. Price manager called me *** for not knowing open box meant used, even though they do not disclose this. She threatened me with police arrest if I spoke to other customers about their misleading associates. Just ask yourself do I want to spend a large amount of money at a store that will allow associates to lie to you and mislead you in a purchase. You may need to be spending a large amount to correct their dishonest practices.

My guess is that the price manager, whatever her name is, forgot to remove the corncob from her nasty snatch before reporting to work. There isn't a damned thing the police could do if you talked to other customers about their treatment of customers.

I'd like to know how this was categorized as an "Apple Complaint". It is clearly a complaint against Best Buy. Early on the complainer even states, in all caps, "APPLE STORE GREAT!!!!" I would guess that "pissedconsumer.com" labelled it incorrectly...perhaps out of incompetence on their part.

View more comments (1)
Fort Collins, Colorado

Scammed on ioffer

Don't be fooled like I was by a seller on ioffer selling Apple ipads. He lets you make an offer after suggesting $330.00 for the item. When you make this person an offer they accept and tell you to pay with Paypal. I did just that and it went for a week before the tracking number showed up at all. It arrived two weeks after I paid for it. It was a bracelet in a box and it probably costs $1.00. I made complaints to ioffer and no response. Paypal is reviewing my case. These scammers never communicate with you at all. I have recently read blogs about the same thing happening to other people and they also never received any response from ioffer. Donna

judging by how you went for the cheapest option possible with offer (who is in no way associated or promoted by Apple) you probably couldn't even afford apple products in my opinion.

Good job, your problem is not with Apple. The problem is you tried to be cheap and took and gamble and lost. Apple.com sells real iPads btw.

Go make an iOffer thread and leave Apple out of it. You're not pissed at Apple.

So your complaint is actually with ioffer ... NOT APPLE!

Washington, District Of Columbia

Fraud

I reported fraudelent activity on my iTunes account today. My only option was to file an online complaint as the customer service representative was anything but helpful. The fraud had gone unnoticed since December as the activity was very small - it was not until I updated the household budget that it was noticed. There were 5 transactions totaling $197. The last act was on February 3. Needless to say I wanted to stop the account immediately before the theives got greedy and went for larger amounts. In trying to work with the Apple rep, she would not take any information over the phone and was only concerned with the serial number for my iPod. When I asked why, her response was to see if I was eligible for phone support...REALLY! I had just told her that my account was compromised and her response was to fill out an online report and wait 24 hours. This was the most ridiculous bit of service I have ever received. Unfortunately, I have a lot of money invested in my iTunes or I would definitely seek an alternative provider. I have of course removed all information from the iTunes account and now have to go through the hassle of changing autodebit information on a variety of providers. I have of course notified my bank and I am notifying the local "help me" reporters on a variety of TV stations. What makes this even worse is that there were several hacks to iTunes recently, including one that resulted in accounts being sold in China according to various websites. In other words, iTunes knows they have a problem, have done nothing to notify their customers and have little help to offer affected customers - that is just stellar service all the way around.
ID
#220051 Review #220051 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

MacBook Pro Computers...dissatisfied

Purchased a MacBook Pro /i5 processor...this computer is the biggest mistake i ever made in purchasing computers. Only had this computer for only one on Month and here are some of the discouraging problems... Will not boot-up when temperature is 60 degrees or below. Locks up most often...frustrating Verizon had to reprogram in order for the Internet to work runs slower then our Toshiba PC...Purchased the MacBook Pro because of the high ratings and for long term investment. Totally dissatisfied, the Mac store has worked on this computer several times with no results. This is "Unsat"..

Macs in general (Except Mac pro) have horrible cooling systems. A typical workaround is to install smcfancomtrol (google it) and adjust your fan speeds as needed to keep everything below 45 degrees C. Watch the GPU diode temp especially.

being a Mac user my self, I've only had one complaint about them and it was when they released the first gen Air's, bought one, and because of the dual cores, it would over heat. now that I had the current gen, it out runs my dad's Toshiba Tecra with ease.

I realise that I do have 4GB of RAM and a 250GB Solid State Drive, but it still floats on by. Im not just some fanboy trolling here.

Im neutral, but for 99 percent of my use is on a Mac, I do have a winbox for windows stuff that I cant do in Boot Camp(ingrated graphics are cruddy for hardcore gaming such as CoD4).

to clarify, call Apple, say hey, I think theres something wrong, and they'll fix it, dont get pissed tht you might not know how to use it and/or there is something wrong.

:roll Me Too.. I am so sorry that I bought a macbook pro - how do you get out of it and get your money back? It's been a nightmare deal with apple

I've owned many PCs over the course of my life. They're slow, unreliable, and crash more often than they work.

Also, they run at optimum speed for the first couple months, then speed decreases rapidly. However, upon purchasing my Mac, I haven't had any of these problems... Did you load the hard drive beyond it's capacity?

You could have a computer made by God himself, and it'll slow down if you fill it with ***. Try calling Apple, and they can replace it, or give you the advice to fix what you may be doing wrong...

@PissedConsumer354196

Mac Pro developes problems AFTER the warranty period of one year!! SO YOU CAN'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK !!!!

I've had nothing but problems with this Mac Pro ever since i bought it. Its a $1400.00 plus piece of ***. And i DID NOT over load it.

It is still slow. Now the Optical Drive needs to be replaced!!

There is absolutely no reason out of the box your MacBook Pro should be operating with such poor results. Based on the description of your issues it would appear to me that something has gone awry inside the machine, potentially a faulty logic board.

Take it in to your local Apple Authorized Service Center and have them run full diagnostics on it.

More than likely it will be sent off to Apple and replaced with a brand new one. This new MBP will demolish your Toshiba, I guarantee it.

Don't think that your one faulty Mac can speak for them all. Your computer is still under the AppleCare warranty (you've got a year by default, unless you purchased the AppleCare plan, then you've got 3).

Call up AppleCare, or take your computer into your nearest Apple Store, if possible (Note: don't take it to a Mac Store... that's where they sell high-end makeup and cosmetics, which explains why they couldn't solve your problem!). being a former Apple Retail employee, I know that if your computer produces the same hardware problem (note: HARDWARE problem, not software.. it's got to be verified) repeatedly after having the parts replaced by APPLE (not your neighborhood handyman, or yourself), Apple MAY replace the entire unit for you.

It's a rare occurrence, but if your computer is that bad, it could eventually lead to that. HOWEVER, don't march into your nearest Apple store demanding a new computer... that's not how it works. They won't replace your computer because you asked or screamed for it.

There's specific Apple guidelines. So contact Apple, and see what your options are.

Good luck, and be patient and kind.

I'm not sure what kind of problems your having, but my MacBook Pro runs circles around any PC I've ever worked on. And I've been working on PC's since 1985.

It's quicker and more reliable and much, much easier to maintain. It always works and I only reboot once every 3-4 months. As far as overpriced goes you get what you pay for. My wife just bought a new PC and set it up for her.

That was the last and hopefully only time I'll use it.

Did you try talking to Apple about it? If there is an Apple Store in your area try bringing it to the Genius Bar and have them take a look a it.

We do not use any PC products on the Mac...If we wanted a PC we would not have gotten a Mac. We have a TOSHIBA PC that runs circles over the MAC.

The Toshiba is a dual core and the Mac is i5.

Also, the Mac is over priced and has limited adapters/resources...

LEARNING HOW TO USE THE MAC IS NOT THE ANSWER...I GUESS MAC USERS ENJOY WORKING WITH COMPUTERS THAT RUN SLOW AND WILLING TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS TOTALLY OVER PRICED...

Mac is NOT a PC, and how it runs is totally different. You have to learn how to use.

If it locks up often then there is something on it that is not for Macs OR you have it dual booted with a PC OS.

This is not a good idea. While it is possible, it is not good.

If you want PC, buy PC. If you want MAC, learn how to use it.

View more comments (9)
ID
#209317 Review #209317 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Livingston, New Jersey

Don't buy the iphone.

I was in the at&t store with 2 of the families ipones that just went out while using. One was not even 2 years old and the other one was 3. They tried to blame it on everything possible, but when we were doing the right things they had no answer but to give us this great deal on a new one for $199.00, which anyone can get. While I was in the store there were two other people that walked in with the same complaint and same phone. Coincidence. Don't think so. I think the iphone is just enticing everyone and is a rip off. Don't buy one!
ID
#205569 Review #205569 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Apple tech dept gets an

Iphone has been broken for a week. Apple sent me a new phone 5 days ago. Still not working. Several excuses from Apple. Spent 4 houes on the phone between Apple and At&t. Phong at Apple escalted my issues to top priorty. Told me it would be fixed in 48 hours. That was four days ago. Apple just does not care about its customers. Someone shouls file a class action suit against them. They don't care i use my phone for business. The tech dept receives and "F" grade. Anyone who reads this beware. Oh if their is an attorney who wants to go after them include me in the law suit. So tired of these big companies offering horrible service. Its just not right.
ID
#201084 Review #201084 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reno, Nevada

Apple Ipod Nano

The Ipod Nano (2007 version) breaks easily under certain hydrological mishaps such as spillage while driving up mountainous regions in Nissan Pathfinder; hiking through tropical rainforests, plying around water features in parks around the country and throughout my travels... It seems to constantly go berserk... mostly downloaded podcasts not wanting to synchronize and play with itunes well. also, there are as well many as some interface preferences. It would be better if the thing would just flip out everytime i plug it into any thing or do anything that would involve me listening to an AudioBook.... ah! I just want this thing to charge.

Is this complaint for real? it can't be!

***

I dont get it.......... You mean to tell me that im not supposed to plunge my ipod in liquid? ***

"The Ipod Nano (2007 version) breaks easily under certain hydrological mishaps such as spillage while driving up mountainous regions in Nissan Pathfinder..." If you brought delicate electronics on a trip to the mountains,Do you think that would destroy it, even without the drink, hmm???

ID
#200660 Review #200660 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Seattle, Washington

Apple Mighty Mouse Doesn't Scroll

Apple IMac's mighty mouse doesn't scroll properly. 2 months after purchasing my first Imac computer the mouse started acting up. After contacting tech support,which I paid dearly for, they told me it needed to be cleaned. Two months of periodic use and it needs to be cleaned? Okay so I clean it ,Two days later, same thing. Mouse doesn't scroll properly. This time I insisted they send me a replacement. They did. 3 months ago same thing . This time I brought it into an Apple store. Guess what the said? It needs to be cleaned. So they cleaned it. Oh and by the way they just came out with the scroll pad and magic mouse!!! Ha, what a rip off ..............issue bad equipment close to releasing upgrades? You think? Guess what mouse doesn't work and I clean it every 10 mins now. Guess I have to buy the new upgrades. These junks are no longer offered to the public
ID
#200603 Review #200603 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Newark, New Jersey

Apple touch4 8GB

I purchased the new Apple touch4. I thought I bought the 8GB model. In reading the general info access within the device, it reads 6.5GB. At $229.00 before tax for Apples new device; with a little math, that missing 1.5GB ( that I did not get as advertised!), cost me $28.70. I emailed Apple and have not received a response. Guess they do not care. I am taking the device back to Apple and demanding my money back. 1.5 GB is a lot! I am going to the Apple retail store and checking out the other models to see if Apple has quietly shaved GB's off their other models. And yes, I'm pissed!

The GB reflect the size of the drive one the device, not the size of the usable storage space. The operating system and hardware drivers which come preinstalled take up space. ANY computing device your purchase will be the same, including your computer.

Nuttan, you're not very smart are you?

#191979

Ummm, its has to hold an operating system and software that is pre-installed (safari, itunes, etc). You didn't think there was a magical storage place that held then did you?

If you bought the 16GB iPad, for $500.00, that would be $31.25 per Gig!

So when you go to "about" in the iPad, it is really only 14GB. That would be $62.50 that you paid for and did not get!

ID
#198324 Review #198324 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Austin, Arkansas

I4 proximity sensor is total ***.

I purchased the i4 phone maybe a couple months after the release. I was even aware of the reception problems which I found to be no problem at all. Here is what I dont understand: The proximity sensor on the phone is 1000 times more of a problem then the antenna problem. Seriously, I am on my sencond phone and am basically unable to use it. For those of you who dont know about this, when you bring the phone to your face the screen should go black. It does not. So your face will hang up calls, hold calls and mute calls. My face touched the screen, pulled up my contacts choose a contact and then dialed a number all before I knew i had hung up the call. PISSED PISSED PISSED. All I keep hearing from apple is that there is a software fix on the way. I seriously do not know how this problem has not received more media attention...way bigger problem then the antenna probelem...did I mention that before? Do not buy this phone until you hear that this problem has been fixed. You should also know that I had the second generation iphone and could not have been a bigger fan. Which is to say that there waqs no problem with the sensor on the other iphones. If you must buy an iphone buy the 3Gs. Let me put this into further perspective....I would rather go back to a brick phone then have to deal with the *** i am dealing with on this new Apple i4 phone.

I totally agree. The proximity sensor problem is 1000x greater than the receiption problem. I am bringing my i4 back to ATT.

ID
#194853 Review #194853 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Seattle, Washington

Apple is Cheap

I have an Ipod touch, shuffle and nano. I have been purchasing tunes, movies, shows and apps for almost 2 yrs and I had to switch to a new laptop per Dells request. I tried everything to transfer my purchases from my library to the new laptop, even bought additional software and usb ports but i had to just LOSE a bunch of songs, apps, shows and movies due to they aren't syncable with the new library. I had to use blanks to save soem music, and just not sync my apps anymore or I will lose them. It is a big pain and I lost alot of money. For a multi billion dollar industry they are cheap

I've moved my iTunes around about a dozen times or so since up update my computers every few months or so.

Never lost a thing. One more point for the dumb user clan!

#192167

By the way, the *** say d u p a

#192165

I LOVE MY IPOD!!! Go to the "superbowl" so I can drop the "browns" off!

You must think as James bond with all computer stuff at home.

Always sneak your stuff to something else and know how you will go about saving sthings just in case your computer is "Raptured" or something. You big ***.

I don't see how Apple is cheap because you lost some of your iTunes Library. Did you back up your library to an external drive? You burned some to disc and it didn't sync properly. With external drives so cheap you should have backed up the whole library. Sounds to me it is an operating system problem as you upgraded from an older Dell (XP, Vista) to a new one, (Windows 7) ?

I have been able to move my iTunes library from multiple computers with out a hitch and never lost anything. I don't understand why you needed to buy additional software and USB ports, one port is sufficient to move music.

If you didn't back up to an external drive you are the CHEAP one.

ID
#193512 Review #193512 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Corpus Christi, Texas

Magellan and Apple vs consumer

I already posted a warning about Magellan's iphone app and their complete unwillingness to do anything to make right their defective product. Now Apple has joined the game. The companies are pointing the finger at each other and saying the other is responsible to give me a refund. For companies that $60.00 is a drop in the bucket to argue who is responsible for making the situation right is outrageous. However, Apple edged out Magellan's poor conduct by actually trying to profit off of my problem. A customer service representative who could "understand" my "frustration" wanted to do something to show how deeply Apple cares about its customers. He was going to send me a coupon for a discount on any future purchase. The catch? It was only good on purchases of $100.00 or more. Shame on both Magellan and Apple!
ID
#190452 Review #190452 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reading, Pennsylvania