Apple Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone iphone service customer store problem customer service money support products
Filter review

Didn't 't chek IPAD

I went to the only APPLE store in my town at downtown Charleston. My IPAD no longer made noise. The salesperson and that's what they are, they are not technicians, just turned my IPAD over, looked at the speaket and stated that the speaker compartment needed to be replaced. She told me that it would cost 300.00. At that time, I did not understand that I would get a new IPAD for this price, apparently, they don't repair them. But come to find out, this was not necessary. My husband showed me how to reset my IPAD and this fixed the problem. Why did the clerk not know or try this. If you have a problem, don't wate your time going to the store, where the people will try yo sell you something. Try resetting it properly or get it repaired elsewhere. If I had listened to them, I would have paid 300.00 for something that I didn't need!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Service
Apple Repair

Brought Laptop in for Repair, Came Back Broke

Brought my laptop in for a hard drive replacement; when I got it back, the trackpad bar didn't work right. Brought it back in a few days later- they now claim that I must have spilled something onto it (I say that in the 67 hours they had it after they repaired it, they must have spilled something). I know I didn't spill anything, and I had sole possession of it once I left the store. They claim to have run an overnight diagnostic which would prove that the battery was fine when it left, but I received the repair complete notice before they could have run an overnight diagnostic (the part was not in stock, and I received the completed notice the next day); also, if the diagnostic were run, it would have been 67 hours before I took possession of it. Now they want to charge me $755 to clean it and replace the battery (which swelled because of the unidentified liquid).

Sounds like you got your computer wet before the hard drive replacement and you just didn't know it. Either way, I highly doubt they are spilling liquid in computers at the Apple store and then lying about it.

It's much more likely that you got your computer wet yourself and just didn't see or know that it happened. Now you have to pay some money to get it fixed - makes complete sense to me.

Reston, Virginia
Service
Apple Repair
Loss

Iphone 5 Screen Display Automatically blurred and showing Horizontal and Vertical Lines

Update by user Jul 17, 2013

Its top left side not right side writing mistake....please ignore.

Update by user Jul 17, 2013

Myself Anshul, One more funny thing happen when I collect hand set in iWorld after making complete payment of display which is under warranty they provided me new hand set but that hand set is also having the small spot on top right side corner and when I said that why this happen they they say this is because of manufacturing default. See how they react and they feel very shame. I'll suggest to every one please see very carefully if you collect your hand set otherwise second time they make money by putting fault on customer head.

What a quality they maintained in service delivery ?

Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2013
I was using Apple Iphone 5 normally and its almost 6 month old covered under warranty. When I was using its display automatically blurred and showing horizontal and vertical line on display with whitish screen. I surprise to see such thing happen on my product on normal using. I was out of station at the time when this happened on Iphone 5. I made online complaint but not use as well as I made call to customer care "iworld" Delhi Ansal Plaza Khel Gaon they said for visiting there store for problem. Being out of station I didn't switch off my mobile due to urgent calls and suddenly 1 day after there was small black spot display on top left side of the screen and later which in turn into big in size which was automatically take place. It was Saturday when problem take place and I returned on Monday Night from out of station, mean while my product display create problem. I visit on Apple iworld service center store and brief all my problem but they denied and said it's a damage done by you and it's not comes under warranty. I said it's a electronic display if any problem comes on screen it will increase and black sport automatically comes I didn't do anything and why should I do for such a costly product. As per customer representatives they said we'll discuss your case in Apple Service center and generate your case ID so that you'll check and discuss with them directly if any problem arise. When they discussed with Apple service center conclusion come that "screen has pressure damage" and it's not cover under warranty as it's done by physical damage. I'm failed to understand then what is the purpose of warranty if they didn't listen customer problem and make their own judgment. As per my understanding Apple are worst in service delivery and poor listening skill of customer genuine problem. They pissed customer by providing wrong information and misguide in service delivery. It's clearly mentioned on apple site regarding the screen display problem as they receive problem from customers regarding horizontal and vertical lines on screen display they refuse to consider my set under warranty. This is the second way of making money by harassing customer after sale services. With this situation there is loss of INR 19000 for screen display. I'm very disappointed the way apple provide service to customer. When I purchase product of Apple brand, I was in perception that apple provide best quality service to customer after sales but my perception was wrong. They only harassing and make money.

Hello Common Sense Person, First I would say you have very good common sense in posting comment as problem not face by you. If there is any fault from my hand whatever you say dropped or anything else.

Then in second time while collecting there should not be any problem in display screen. Once its happen with your hand set then you'll realize how problem face and spending hard earn money without any fault.

Hi Rishab, I think now they will not listen your problem and get ready for spending money on display the way I have done as there is no other option "no one listen even in Bangalore head service center team.". I think there is some problem in hand set because of this problem occur.

May be its because of heating which effect on display or anything else. Because heating problem in hand set is very common and before display problem I had complaint for heating and battery problem they replace but still continue.

Hi Anshul, Same happened with me display horizontal lines and blurred automatically I don't know on what reason its showing. This is seriously a bad problem occur and Apple not even listed to their customer. Such a *** they are and I think whosoever this person look like posting comment from apple side so that there marketing and quality not effect by such comments. While surfing on apple page its clearly mention for display screen horizontal and vertical lines problem on screen as they know that this problem may occur in hand set while using but still not considered. This is my worst experience with apple and I'll not suggest to anyone to spend money on iPhone 5 as this not successful and service center not supported to there customer. If this happen in continuous basis then one day handset sell on bullock cart.

Being this a costlier phone iPhone service center not able to take risk on cost occur. Even I have seen other customer face problem in their hand set like heating while charging. Service center had comments like its happen like this only. Later if there is any problem occur they they will raise hand and not able to consider hand set in warranty but put some charges against that repair. What a business they made through service center heads off.

You very well say that this is the second way of earning money.

Sounds like you dropped your phone and now you're mad because it's gonna cost money to replace it. Black spots don't form in their own with LCD displays, they only come from damage

New Delhi, Delhi
$19000

Apple technical support

Just yesterday we purchased Apple TV; I was having a little difficulty with logging on To Netflix for the free trial subscription so I thought I would call Apple tech support. After explaining the situation (which was a simple password/ID issue) to the support Person, she kept me on hold for a good 5 or 10 minutes. Then when she returned she said it was a "technical" issue and that it would require me to pay $120 if I wanted to get an answer. I called a second time... Was put on hold again.. And after some strong objections on my part, she lowered the fee to $60 some dollars. What a rip off!! I figured out the problem myself. But I'm done with Apple. Can't wait till My cell phone contract is up so that I can dump them for good.

It's not their job to help you log into netflix ***. Their highest pay per incident for phone support is $20. I'm calling *** too.

If you just purchased the Apple TV yesterday, as you claim, then you get one technical service incident in 90 days for free along with a 1 year OEM warranty. If you purchased AppleCare then you get unlimited phone calls and two years of OEM warranty.

I'm calling BS on your rant or maybe you got a very *** phone tech because the first thing that Apple does when you call is ask for your Serial Number so they can check your coverage.

View more comments (1)
Product
Apple Cell Phone

Apple Time Capsule-No Power- Data Recovery voids Warranty

I purchased a Time Capsule in December. Monday, June 23rd, I saw the power light was off, and wifi was down. I took it to the Genius Bar where they tested it could not get power, and told me I was under warranty, they would replace it. So I asked about my 6 months of data. I was told that if the box was opened and data retrieved, it would void the warranty. So - my choice is to lose my data or $299 (cost of Time Capsule). When I return to Apple to pick up the new TC, I hand over my data to Apple. It can't be erased by me - I can't recover it and my data is potentially "out there" in Apple land. I have been buying Apple products since the '80's. This is disturbing. What can I do? I either lose $299 or 6 months of backup - as a graphic designer/photographer - I can't even imagine the value of my loss.

The hard drive isn't dead the power supply inside the unit died. You can take it apart and install the hard drive inside your computer and retrieve your data.

Recovering data from a hard drive that is truly mechanically defective will cost far more than $300, and is not the type of procedure that can be done in an Apple Store. If you value the data enough to have it restored professionally, buying a replacement Time Capsule will be a fairly insignificant investment if a warranty replacement means loss of data.

You should have been backing up your data if it was that important, instead of only keeping it in one place. You had a HD fail - it happens. Just be happy it happened while you were still under warranty.

your computer is not broken right? if so then u r not losing any data.

why would u want to erase/retrieve data from TC? you have child *** in it?

View more comments (3)
New York, New York

"in app purchase" fraud

Update by user Jun 25, 2013

Apple has rufunded. Thank you Apple employees.

Original review posted by user Jun 22, 2013
My kid inadvertently made in app-purchase roughly 500 usd. I downloaded free games for may kid and i see these unacceptable charges in my receipt. These charges are more than PS3 or xbox 360 game. That "in game purchase" is nothing but a real aggravated fraud. Apple should do something about it. There must be lot of victim to these frauds. I don't want to use any of these unnecessary products. Apple should put limit to the in app purchase like total 10 usd for a game ( there is 150 usd in single app purchase in my recent receipt-ridiculous) .

Hey man, it is not Apple's fault! it is your kid's fault for making the purchases.

It is not "Fraud". It is irresponsibility by you and your kid for making the purchase!

You simply cannot blame someone for your own irresponsibility!

Apple has a refund program for situations like these. If you call them up and can prove that $10 or more was purchased in a one Month period by your kid then they will completely refund you.

@PissedConsumer668348

Well that's good to know. :)

Ankara, Ankara

"in app purchase" fraud

My kid inadvertently made in app-purchase it cost me roundly 500 usd. I downloaded free games for may kid and i see these unacceptable charges in my receipt. These charges are more than ps3 or xbox360 game. That "in game purchase" is nothing but a real fraud. Apple should do something about it. There must be lot of victim to these frauds. I dont want to use any of these unnecessary products, game chips. This is aggravated fraud that must stopped. Or apple should put limit to in app purchases a game can charge max 10 usd for each user.
#762040

you can actually set it up to where it doesn't allow in app purchases, i did just in case i hit the button without realizing it.

Loss

BANNED FROM APPLE ONLINE?!?!

I've had numerous 27" iMac replacements and now it seems as if I'm SOL. I've had to have quite a few iMac replacements for my 27" for a bad airport card, non functional bluetooth, cosmetic damage (imac had giant scratches on the front of it) and bad backlight bleeding. I've been on the phone with Apple and Applecare for these issues more than I would ever care to be on the phone with Apple for, diagnosing the DOA models took the longest. Anyhow I emailed Tim Cook, which got sent over to the Executive Relations team (Apple Customer Relations in Austin, TX). They handled my newest iMac, which was the one with the wifi problem. Was on the phone with Applecare for around 2 hours trying to fix that. Well they don't want to send me another replacement, won't send me another replacement. Told me if I wanted to I could get it repaired, I said what was the difference" And I kept getting excuse after excuse. So after calling Applecare again they decided to issue me a replacement after I sent back my defective iMac. The replacement was supposed to arrive on Monday. Well, it didn't arrive. I called FedEx and they said Apple called to have it returned to them. So the guy who was handling my case had my iMac sent back to Apple because I wasn't supposed to get a replacement. That disgusts me, the iMac was no more than 15 miles from my house. Oh not only that but after he called me on the phone to tell me how furious he was because I "went behind his back" to get an iMac replacement, I am no longer allowed to shop at the Apple online retail store. I'm banned. This is the biggest load of *** I've ever had to deal with. I think for $2500, I should have a computer that works properly. I do not know who else to contact because when I call the online store I'm directed back to Executive Relations. And when I talk to the guy handling my case at Executive Relations, I ask if I can speak to someone else or his superior. He tells me I am only allowed to talk to him. I call BS. Most people at Executive Relations are just kids... well mid 20's. At this point I no longer wish to own an Apple product and they don't seem to care. I guess me buying 12-13 computers, 4 ipads, 7 iphones, and 5 iPods (family) over the years doesn't mean anything.

You sound a little unreasonable to accept repairs dude.

A hose leak happens on a new car, you don't go back to the dealership and demand a new car.

They'll laugh your *** off the lot.

yup, sounds like user error.

try and call in about the iTunes block at the apple care hotline (1-800-APL-CARE) and see if they can fix your account issues.

other than that, you should have just taken it to a service location if you wanted a quick fix, if you don't have on near by then you just have to deal with the slow mail in repairs, but I don't think you should email Tim Cook (I don't expect he has much to do with repairs anymore)

There is something missing in this story, it doesn't add up. The apple policy is typically 3 repairs and then a replacement. If you are unwilling to go through the same toll free process that everyone else in the world does and work with them for the 3 then replace policy in getting a replacement and then you complain when another department besides apple care, the people who you are supposed to call on the phone for hardware and software support, then I don't feel bad for you because everyone else in the world goes through that, and why are you so special.

Also, you called the store line? The apple retail store? Are you sure you had the right number, because there is an online number for the iTUNES store and that is totally a different number, and it's not their role to help with troubleshooting or hardware issues. If the retail store was giving you the run around in person then I could see why you are upset, but if you're not dealing with an actual apple store location and you're talking to corporate, and the corporate office is dealing with you I highly doubt that they would ever ban you from the iTunes store, or not provide you with the apple care policy information or the apple care phone number in order to get where you need to go.

You're probably not banned from the iTunes store, you're probably just having either user error or a software/account problem that's keeping you off the iTunes store.

If you are actually banned though, there is more then likely a good reason. Since it sounds like you were being difficult, and you were trying to email Tim Cook directly (please omg really?!?) then I hope you got treated exactly as you deserved.

#720482
@PissedConsumer718849

Apple repairs products that are outside their return period, but in warranty. Anything bought from Apple.com or an Apple store will be replaced by Apple if DOA (Dead on Arrival) within the 14 day return period. So no, I don't feel like I am special, I am going by their rules. I've owned enough Apple products to know how they operate.

And no it wasn't the iTunes store.

Believe what you will, I know what happened, and I didn't do anything to warrant what did happen.

No buying all that *** does make you a silly sheep though!

View more comments (4)

IPhone 4S update to iOS 6.1.3 ate all data

I recommend Apple products to my family for their ease of use until this week. My Aunt called me in a panic, she agreed to the request to update her iPhone to iOS 6.1.3 only to then discover all of her pictures, music and other data was completely gone! No where in the installation process did the update prompt her to backup her important data (she had 6 months of grand kid pics on there!) I tried to help - we looked on her computer hard drive for the pics, iTunes, everywhere gone. Googling repair remedies was no help. The next day she called Verizon and Apple tech support. They apparently tried the same things I had attempted without success. The real *** in the pants? Apple tech support agreed not to charge her for their "services"... Classy, really. I would expect a CONSUMER PRODUCT COMPANY to test their software updates a bit more and provide clearer step-by-step instructions to help their users protect their critical data. Bad update, Apple!

Apple? Test new products and updates? Ha.

Toledo, Ohio

Apple Inc.: Genius, Not; Techs, Lazy; Customer Service, Illogical

I brought my MacBook Pro in for service to the retail location due to an inoperative display, a poorly functioning track pad and a malfunctioning "caps lock" key. The Genius who helped me was very polite but, in my opinion, not very knowledgeable with my particular problem. He brought my computer back to a technician who spent no more than 5 minutes with my computer, diagnosing it with a bad video card. I don't know how the technician diagnosed so quickly but my other two concerns were not addressed. I was informed by the Genius that my computer required a new logic board and quoted me a price of $526.50 for the repair (Repair No. 101010). When he looked up the logic board part number, he used the wrong processor (2.66GHz instead of my 2.93GHz) to provide me with the quote. He corrected his misquote in a phone call about 15 minutes after I left the Apple Store, informing me that the quote for the new logic board was incorrect and that I would owe more money (slightly over $700) if I wanted the computer repaired. Since the cost of repair was more expensive than originally thought and considering the four year age of my computer, I decided not to repair but purchase a new MacBook Pro, along with the Apple Care Service/Warranty and the one to one service to migrate my files from my old computer to the new one (Web order No. 1010****). I returned two days later around 8:30 PM to pick up both of my laptops. Before I left for the Apple Store, I called ahead asking if I could have my files migrated so I could use my new computer at work the following business day. I was told yes. I was greeted kindly and the computers were delivered quickly. However it was approaching closing time at the Apple Store and I was told that I would have to return another day after making an appointment to have my files moved. I wouldn't have wasted a trip if I was told this prior to making my way to pick up my computers. I would have instead left the computers there, had the files moved over and pick up the computers after the work was complete. So I left for home, with two computers that I could not use at work and less $3506.71. The following day I tried to make a one to one appointment to have my files moved over only there was no email sent to me enabling me to sign up and appoint. I called the Apple Store and was told that they, of course, could not help me because I ordered online and had to call the 1-800 number for assistance. The lady I spoke with (Chloe) at the 1-800 number was polite, professional and very helpful. She explained that Apple apparently was having problems with the one to one online orders and the only way to correct the problem was to refund me and I'd have to start over again by repurchasing the one to one service. Chloe apologized for the inconvenience and kindly offered me a free case for my new laptop but I instead asked for an ethernet adapter for my job usage and Chloe gladly accommodated my request. Since I could not afford more time without a computer and had not received any technical help to this point, I went ahead and opened the new laptop and restored from my last time machine back up saved the previous week. Three days later, on the weekend, I was surfing the internet reading Mac problem solving blogs and came by something very interesting. A man named Colin who had the same issue as me with his MacBook Pro in June of 2010. Colin posted how he solved the issue so I figured I'd give it a shot. First, I performed a reset of the NVRAM by holding down "command", "option", "P" and "R" while powering the machine up. Next, I performed a clean install of the operating system from the rescue drive. Lastly, I restored my computer from time machine. To me and my wife's surprise I fixed my computer...the one with the bad video card...the one that needed the new $700+ logic board...THE ONE THAT I REPLACED FOR $3506.71! I am not a computer technician nor do I hold the title of "Genius" at my place of employment but I managed to fix my laptop with a little online research for NOTHING! The Apple Store as well as Corporate Apple should be embarrassed and ashamed of this. Not only did they fail to recognize a rather easy fix, they cost me, a faithful customer, time and a lot of money unnecessarily. I hope you can appreciate my great disgust. I am not wealthy and I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality product but this is not right. The Genius did not know how to diagnose the problem and the technician obviously went for the easiest solution; replace with new parts. This is pure negligence in every sense of the word. If I were an executive at Apple Inc., I would want to make this right with fair compensation and prevent this from ever happening to another customer. So I called Apple customer support and told them my story…twice. I told them for my traveling to and from the retail store three times, for spending the hour and a half on the phone with the one to one service fumble and for fixing my own computer I wanted to be compensated. I told them I don't need two computers but I would keep the new computer if they would reimburse me the difference between the price I paid and the price of a refurbished unit of equal quality (roughly a 15-20% discount). I explained that if I returned the computer for a full refund, Apple would still have to re-sell the computer as refurbished (since I had opened and started using it) plus the cost of checking it out, reformatting the hard drive, logging it into inventory, posting it on their refurbished website and selling it to a new user. I argued, why not satisfy me by letting me keep the unit at the refurbished price and Apple can save the overhead by not paying an employee to take back the computer and re-sell it. I stated that it is a win-win solution. The customer service manager wanted to run it by his superior, I guess... I got a phone call the following day from Apple and they offered me a $100 gift card from the retail store and a 4th generation iPod Touch, valued at $199. I told them thanks but no thanks. I can't believe that Apple would rather re-sell the computer at a higher monetary loss than satisfy a wronged customer while minimizing loss. I'm bringing the unit back for a full refund and Apple just lost two valued customers (my wife and I) as well as the Macs at our business.
Product
Apple Laptop

Bad 4gs

About two weeks ago I visited my local Apple store (Westfarm) to have my iPhone 4gs fixed for Wi-Fi issue. I was told there could be software problem. The young lady you assist me advised me that she would take a look into my phone to make sure there wasn't an issue with the antenna. Upon returning she advised me that my phone had non Apple Part inside and my warranty would have be voided for that reason. Having bought the phone brand new for AT&T and never having any type of service done to it I was very surprised. I told her that the phone has been purchased brand-new from an AT&T store and she advised me to contact AT&T; there was nothing more she could do. I returned home and contacted AT&T customer service where I was told that it was not their issue and the call was transferred to an Apple customer service rep. After speaking to supervisor at Apple she advised that I could send the phone to their technician to look at but if they determined truly that it was not an Apple part my warranty would still be voided. This would also leave me without a phone for up to 7 days. At this point I feel that I purchased a brand-new apple iphone from the AT&T and got ripped off. I have no way of we recouping my losses from Apple or AT&T if the phone stopped working. Apple and ATT already said they will not cover me so I'm stuck with a iPhone 4gs that is not really Apple. Please advise how am I going toget my phone replaced with what I expected.

Did AT&T tell you it was a 4gs?

... Cuz apple didn't make an iphone called the 4gs

Bad Service from Apple

I had bought an iPhone 5 with the following purchase details: Store: Mobile Store, Mumbai (Store no 3266) Bill no: 8916/829**** dated 25.01.2013 phone has 1 yr mfg warranty plus 1 yr extended warranty was bought Iphone 5 no. 013418****39782 Within a months time the following problems have been experienced numerous times: 1. Power button fails to work 2. Phone sometimes shows a blank screen whilst making a call 3. Camera shutter does not open sometimes 4. Purple lines while camera is put on charging All the above faults existed before 12-04-2013 On 12-04-2013, the phone fell from an approximate distance of 30-40 cm and caused damage as shown in the picture. Now the power button is stuck. The physical damage is unprecedented and should not have happened with such a small fall. Further to the same , a visit was made to the following service centre on 12-04-2013: Unicorn Solutions, 001, Kotia Nirman, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053 There they refused to replace or repair the phone and were insistent on us buying a replacement phone for INR 19,000 This seems to be a very clear policy of fooling the customer and trying to get money out from them for a cheap quality product provided by Apple. The iPhone 5 provided to us was clearly faulty and now its not even being repaired by your service centre. The whole point of having a service centre is to provide customer help which is the case with all Samsung service centres. Apple's service centre is only interested in selling and not providing after sale service. We just want our phone repaired and above problems sorted.

You dropped your phone. It broke.

Name one thing in life that you can drop and break and then get a new one for free...

And are you trying to say Samsung replaces phones for free if you drop them and break them? Because I call *** if you are

@PissedConsumer682289

I think you did nt understand the pt..apple should have simply repaired the damage than ask a customer to pay half the price of the fone to get a refurbished piece...that is simple customer service

@PissedConsumer682296

Sweetie, there's no guarantees in life. Grow a pair

$19000

NO SUPPORT FROM MY MAX EXPERT

I purchased an IPad Mini after talking to my so called Mac Expert and beign told that it would do what I needed it to do. I cannot even begin to tell you how many emails I sent asking her to contact me, she called me one time, then was going to research the how to convert my Ebook for school to audio, and never head back from her. Now I am stuck with an over 500 Dollar purchase that doesn't do me a freaking bit of good, thanks to the NO SUPPORT I received. Do NOT count on any assistance from these people once you buy it they will string you along until it's too late to return it for a full refund.

You are mad because the Apple Store Expert did their job. It is actually against the company's policy for customers to contact the employees directly.

It is also not the Expert's job to do things for you. It isn't even their job to teach you how to use it. Their job is to find out which product is right for you, sign you up for training (which you probably didn't get), and ask you to extend your warranty (which isn't always the best choice). If you do sign up for training they are going to show you how to use Apple applications; not how to convert your books into audio (which is a copyright violation).

You need to be more realistic about the amount of support your are going to get for free. Consider the fact that you wouldn't have even had a conversation with a Wal-Mart or BestBuy employee if you were buying your iPad there.

And you can't blame others for your lack of perseverance. The support you are asking for is a personalized consultant that makes over $100 an hour for their time.

Sorry buddy but in this case it really looks like you're the one who doesn't know what he's on about.

View more comments (1)
Hampton, Virginia

Free Shipping cost a lot

I purchased an iPad with Retina display, wifi plus cellular from Apple.ca for my wife's Christmas present. When placing the order, I was advised shipping was free. Two weeks later UPS left a note on my door at 2:00 pm saying they would try again the next day. I phoned them they only deliver in the day time when I was working. UPS told me I could pick up my parcel at their office the next day which was 40 miles away. The next day I when to their office and was told the Delivery Driver still had the parcel on his truck and I would have to come back the following day. I did receive the parcel after driving the 40 mile (one way) the following day. After this delivery mix-up, a week later I received a bill from UPS for custom charges. UPS doesn't care that Apple said shipping was free and now I have a collection agency calling me continually.

Apple does not charge customs charges, neither does UPS. Your Canadian government does.

Complain to them about having to pay import taxes per your country's laws.

You got the bill from UPS because UPS prepaid the taxes to keep your package from sitting in customs. With you hounding them for delivery I am sure you would have appreciated customs holding it for a few weeks.

@Andrea Ahw

Apple advertised the same price at the Apple store as what I paid for the iPad online. They did say, for your convenience the item can be ordered online and shipped to you free.

Certainly implying the cost would be the same. Apple must bring their product into the country with out any or much duty/custom taxes as their products are sold at the same price at all tech shops. Apple online ordering and UPS tracking did not say anything about possible further charges. In my opinion this is a scam from both Apple and UPS.

There was no mention of an additional charges when I picked up the parcel from UPS. If there were then I could have refused the item as Apple also stated they have a no hassle return policy. Instead, I got a bill in the mail days later and will not be paying it.

The Collection Agency can continuing calling, I think they will spend more time on trying to collect than they would off the profit of actual getting the money. And I will put this true story out as much as I can !!!!

@Raiden Tib

I think you better call your local customs office and verify your statement that Apple must deliver with no duty. Apple does not charge or have control over the duty taxes.

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Reaping advertisements

The free scrabble app has used a trapping advertisement for Mazzda multiple times, even after many complaints in the reviews. Is Apple aware of this unconsciable abuse.? If Apple and Mazzda don't respond with meaningful action, I will generalize this abuse to Apple and advertising on the Internet. Is this how advertising will be practiced if the industry buys its way into mobile phone advertising? Write your congressman using this example to fight intrusive,abusive advertising. We all know how effective the do not call list are - let's fight back We also know how the Ipad will not handle Adobe Flash. they don't tell you this before you purchase
West Chester, Pennsylvania