Apple Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone iphone service customer store problem customer service money support products
Filter review

Apple I-Pod; cracked screens when dropped.

Why has Apple not made improvements on the I-Pod devices so that they don't crack when you drop them. Most People don't have extra money for covers or replacements; so you walk around with a cracked screen that is made of glass which then poses a danger by maybe cutting you. I spoke to a representative this AM and her 1st response was "she did not know then quoted a price to get it fixed. Apple makes trillions of dollars and I think the consumers have just settled for what they have offered in the contract agreements with the product; even with the insurance. Make to many claims and you get cancelled.

If glass breaks its best not to continue to use it, for the same reason if any other broken glass you may encounter is unsafe. If you can afford a $200 device why not spend the extra $20-$40 to protect it since you pretty much admit to being clumsy?

Apple has never come close to a Trillion dollars in profit. Between 2005 and 2011 their net was around $65 billion, your estimate was way off. If they repaired every since broken piece of equipment out of their pockets this would severely impact profits. Being a publicly traded company its doubtful that the shareholders would allow this to happen.

BTW I second the motion on the Otterbox defender series of cases. I dropped an ipad 3.5 feet from my basement desk onto a concrete floor. There was a scratch on the silocone part of the case but the exprensive ipad was well protected.

Ipods and iphones are made from glass and aluminum. It will break if you drop it. If you drop it alot, get a protective case like an otterbox.

Apple doesn't do repairs on cracked screens, they replace the iPad. It will cost if you don't have their insurance.

This time I added the extra insurance in case it cracks again.

I don't know how I got the crack & word has it that it's a common problem. My original iPad costed $813.00 & the replacement with insurance costed $313.00!!

I have had my iPod for several years and have never dropped. Maybe instead of *** at Apple, you should take better care of your stuff. Then you wouldn't have to fix it all the time.

View more comments (3)
ID
#319245 Review #319245 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sugar Land, Texas

Verified Reviewer

Itunes Scam - Your credit card is not safe

WATCH OUT - Itunes knows that there is someone taking your online credit card information and charing you for songs you don't buy. Remove my credit card information - buy a gift card to purchase songs. I looked at my monthly bank statement and it said Itunes had charged me $2.97 for songs I did not download. Then it had a phone number that you cannot speak to anyone. After an hour and a half of search Apple for someone to speak to I found a repair person who had pity on me and help me get my charge reversed.
Atlanta, Georgia

Apple iTunes steals from your account

I have an iTunes account that nobody can access except me. I recently noticed a $50 charge for a Gangstaz music set that was deducted from my account without notice. I am a 50-year old conservative man. I don't approve nor listen to that stuff. It didn't show up as a download to my device. I didn't purchase it, authorize it, receive it nor agree to pay for it. I have tried repeatedly to get iTunes support to credit my account, but they have the gall to say that my "purchases are final" even when no purchase has occurred. I have asked for a supervisor to no avail. And my account is now disabled. Do not put a credit on an iTunes account because those thieves will take the money out without recourse and without proof that you purchased anything. No other company in the world gets away with this except Apple.

You've probably already resolved this, but the best place to always begin is with your credit card company or bank when you have a charge dispute. Apple iTunes is the most customer unfriendly company out there.

They have no loyalty to their own customers because they feel they have the whole music download industry wrapped up, so why should they care about your measly $50? Complaining customers are like buzzing mosquitoes in their ears- they just wave them away.

I hope you were able to get your credit card company or bank to reverse the charges. Try the Spotify website for music downloads instead.

well.. Apple is run by a bunch of greedy crooks.

Dallas, Texas

IPad support stuck in bureaucracy

I pre-ordered an new iPad (iPad3) on March 10th 2012. First day they became available was March 16th. So I received it on the 16th and activated it on March 17th. One has 30 days to buy AppleCare+ for which I was forced by apply to go to their store. I drove there on April 15th. They first made me wait for 30 minutes. Then the store rep I could not get AppleCare+ because I had bought it more than 30 days earlier. Yes I had pre-ordered it, but not bought it. He could not solve it, I had to call Apple phone support from the store. Apple phone support recognized that there was an issue, but could not solve it, so I had to be online again. Spent hours on the phone by now, a week later and still no resolution. Their support is totally fragmented and none of them have the right to override any rule even if when the customer is totally correct and they agree.
Somers, New York
Loss

Apple IOS Updates Take Away Features

When will Apple Computer put back the features that their IOS updates have taken away??!! As of IOS 5.1, users have lost the ability to see chapter and audio titles in their videos. Also, music videos can no longer be grouped by artist, which means you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the video you want. Before, your music videos where grouped under an artist when you had 3 or more videos from that artist, so you could easily skip over that artist or select the artist to reveal the videos underneath - it was very elegant. A big reason that people buy Apple products is that they're one of the few companies that do the software as well as the hardware, and they used to do both superbly. Now they rush to add features that are geared toward making the company more revenue, like adding "Store" buttons to make it easier for users to purchase items from iTunes right from their device. But in the process of adding these "improvements", they carelessly take away the core features of what made IOS great. They even crippled their new iPAD 3 by not allowing users to display song lyrics!! It wouldn't be so bad if Apple was responsive to feedback and fixed the problems that users bring to their attention. Unfortunately, they've become arrogant and don't care what people tell them. I've called their technical support, left feedback on their feedback website, and even wrote an email to their CEO, Tim Cook, and I still haven't got through to them.
Parker, Colorado
Service
Apple Technical Support

Protection plans for Iphone

I contacted APPLE for options on my water damage Iphone 3GS under my protection plan and was misinformed on being eligible for a replacement for $49.99 even after telling them the protection plan was purchased a year ago when the protection plus plan was not into effect. After calling back with the serial number which I did not have handy I was given a whole different story of why I was not eligible to receive a new phone for the price told. There explanation- I was given the wrong information by the previous representative. That's not my fault, I was misled to believe that I will get a knew phone. I asked for the complain line and was told that there is no such thing. I asked for a copy of the complain that they said they themselves will make and was told that they can't provide me with it. What's going on with these people. where is the customer rights her. I'm pissed.
Wappingers Falls, New York
Product
Apple Protection Plan

Iphone 4 and apple support

apple support is the most arrogant group of bottom feeders i have ever dealt with... i gave up trying to get help at their store, the lines are too long... they charged me 30 dollars to fix my phone but couldnt do it because their phone system wouldnt dial out to me..... i get a call from another tech support who gives me a 3 day work week and a 24 hour window for her to call me back... my schedule is meaningless to these arrogant apple creepers.... i plan on continuing to call this person until-i- get this issue resolved when i want.....

well Apple is horrible and the iPhone is an uncreative piece of ***.

Des Moines, Iowa

Robbed and cheated by a seller named Mr ZAK DAVE user id on ebay mrzak48430

i bought an i-pad 2 on ebay in a scheme in December 2011 and paid $434,but received a post regarding the incompetence of the seller to complete the deal on the aforesaid terms and conditions and also that the refund will be processed by Feb 17th 2012, till then aready 45 days had passed so ebay didnt help in the matter, i am still trying to catch hold of this seller whose phone no is 810 423 ****, but he has been non traceable for last one month. need urgent help this person once replied on mail from some sonic point and then we found his address on the post he sent as SonicPoint.com Fenton MI US 48430 phone no 810.423.3195 transaction id of ebay 8JE95206MP762031X

I don't understand how this is Apple's fault. You shouldn't be complaining about this on the Apple section, that's an eBay problem.

I always use PAYPAL when buying on Ebay. They will refund in case of no delivery, dead on arrival, etc.

Always cover your hiney and read ALL OF THE AUCTION TERMS. Also--check to see if auction has been verified as Paypal safe and guarranteed.

Bentonville, Arkansas

Iphone, its not really all that great

A month ago my huband and i decided to upgrade our phones. Since i had heard all the hype about iphones i decided to get one . My husband went with the Samsung galaxy Skyrocket. Soon after the purches i found my self very disapointed . The phones cost the same but the samsung puts the iphone to shame. It's faster, the screen is bigger, brighter and with better color,and its easier to use. You can also edit things on your facebook that you cant do on an iphone. Loading music on my phone is a pain. I wanted to return it but the cost of activation, accessories and restocking fees are just too much. I soon found friend who also have them are also disappointed by thier purchase and we pretty much all agree these will be our first and last iphone.

the iPhone is horrible. you can do a lot more with Android phones. not to mention that more work is put into them rather than making them looking similar every time a new one is released and the operating system looks basically the same.

Stanton, California

Apple........

Bought a $50.00 Apple prepaid app/music card. I scratched off the back of the card and couldn't read the number.....I'm out $50.00 and to say I'm pissed would be an understatement....I filed a complaint with the TX Ag's office. They have only acknowledged my claim. Will someone please help me? I do not know what to do next. I should sue their Azzzzzzzz in small claims court, but I don't have the time. I'm not about to let these Super Rich thieves F/me out of $50.00. A little help here folks........
Kensington, Maryland

Wiped computer clean w/o notice for physical defect

My MacBook Air had a manufacturer's defect that Apple knew about and was repairing under warranty. The hinge on the screen was broken. Despite speaking with four Apple employees on the phone and in person at the Apple store, I was never told they may force me to upgrade me to their newest software (why?) and wiped out everything on my hard drive, for a non software issue! I beleive that is because the Apple employees never contemplated that this could happen either. I picked up my computer and was told " I hope you backed everything up". I have contacted Apple several times and was told they are very sorry. That is it. Not that they will take steps to prevent this from happening in the future or help me recover the lost music etc. I purchased from them on Itunes. This is my business computer and as a self employed person this has been devastating. Its effect on my business has been nothing short of catastrophic. I have been a very loyal Apple customer but am thinking now that Appl'es success has gone to its "head" and the arrogance will cross over into its product quality

This really is a matter of common sense. You should always backup your computer whether or not they tell you to.

This is not apple's fault but your own. Like another commenter said, since its a business computer backup your computer is essential.

***

swordfish. Your an ***.

Back up your computer, especially if its going in for repairs.

***! lol

I'm rather surprised you don't have a backup of your computer, especially being it's a business computer. What would happen if the device were to be stolen or destroyed in some catastrophe?

View more comments (3)
Pompano Beach, Florida

Apple Customer Service Sucks !

I bought an ipad 2 for Christmas and purchased it directly from Apple. It came with no manual or instructions of any kind. It is defective and will not keep an internet connection. I have had my connection tested and the issue is definitely with the ipad. I called their customer service which can barely speak English and they wanted to charge me for assistance. I had only had the ipad less than 60 days. There is no way in the world I was going to pay them to correct their mistake. I would rather throw it in the trash than pay them another dime! I should have saved some money and bought one of the cheaper tablets.

www.applesupportsucks.com

Over the phone support is free for 90 days. after that you pay per incident or buy apple care. Quite simple really.

And the thing i think you all missed was that fact that in america there are numerous apple stores that provide FREE (yes tight arses... FREE!!!!) service, so that if one of your products doesn't work they can fix it or replace it for you!

Try finding that with other businesses?!

i called costumer service and they wanted me to pay $117.99 so they can fix my ipod 4. i told the ladie that can barley speak english to kiss my *** and hung up! i was pissed!

We really aren't ALL those bad things. If we offer the Apple Care Protection Program...it's because we have a manager beating on us to do it. HOWEVER, I will share that they are pushing so many people through (btw, you were probably deaing with ACS, IBM Contracted Services, or maybe Kelly Services) when you are talking about someone who doesn't know what the *** is going on

I called support to ask a simple question " why does my iphone 4s info get mixed up with my girlfriends iphone when hooking up to a pc"

and the first thing they tried to do was make me pay $69.95 for support. Then the rep.

who had no idea what the f she was doing asked me to help her. WOW they really dont understand customer service.

@PissedConsumer501873

i got that same b****! first she wanted me to pay $11.95 and then said ill give you a discount $69.99 i was like wtf i can almost gwet an new ipod 4( wwhich i have) for that money *** that and i cussed her out and said it was a scam and *** and hung up that *** didnt know how to speak english really ! >:(

what do you expect? Apple sucks. they're full of conceited, *** selfish *** that like to overcharge for products with the most simple designs.

@Patrick Nkk

and they don't overcharge...your just paying for your computer experience in different ways. And don't forget your buying a premium product, expect the associated price tag.

Apple = quality hardware, cheap software with frequent updates, one place for support

PC's and Microsoft = Cheap hardware, Not so cheap software. No support unless your willing to go exploring between the 12 company's that provided the parts for your machine!

View more comments (8)
Livingston, New Jersey
Loss
Junior Reviewer

Apple is owned by a bunch of uncreative ***

I'm sorry to the dumb owners of Apple products but they're just both so uncreative. every product they make is basically just a square or rectangle with the same looking OS on them. a Mac is a cool computer but not worth the money. an iPhone, at least to me, is a small Mac without certain computer capabilities and has the ability to call. the iPad is a large version of the iPhone that can only be used with a Wi-Fi connection. so I just don't understand the popularity. why not be different for once? you buy a Windows computer and an Android phone then you have two completely different types of products. not to mention you have a selection of computers and Android phones, not just one. I'm not saying don't buy Apple products but if you buy a Mac and have an Android phone then you're experiencing different things. if you buy everything Apple, you might as well eat the same food all of the time. let's not forget how Apple gives retail stores little profit, especially with how overpriced their products are. the only things that were always a good price, and creative, product have been the iPods. iPhones are the same every time, just a slightly different look on the outside. I mean the iPhone 4/4S only have a half gig of ram and just recently started catching up with some of the competition with certain things like an 8MP camera and high quality video recording. I'm not trying to put everyone down, I just don't understand their selling point. people claim the Macs are so good and expensive because of how they are "virus free" which isn't true. you can turn a Windows computer into a powerful beast for the price of a Mac with average specs. you can avoid viruses for a cheap price and just as long as you're not a *** or do things that could potentially affect your computer. iPhones are just for people too afraid of change when it comes to phones. and iPads are just for people who blow money on overpriced electronics or just have a hard on for Apple. I'm not applying these to people who just own a Mac or just an iPhone but mainly people who go nuts over their products with no good reasons other than they're "virus free" or that they're too afraid to try something else. oh and one more complaint, why is Apple so lame when it comes to names? the iPod was a great name at first but you've got iTunes, iPhone, iPad, iMac, iCloud, etc. what's next? the iGame, the iTelevision, the iFan, the iCar? we get it Apple, you're conceited, greedy and not creative. so we see why you have to put an i in front of everything. as if we don't know it's your product with the dumb Apple on it and the dumb person looking like a lost zombie while holding the Apple product.

well Dale, it sounds like you don't know how to use a cell phone and keep it running good. maybe it freezes because you try to use a million apps at once.

iPhone's freeze too, not to mention the battery dies a lot faster. so not only will you need reboots for that too, the battery will just simply die way before your Android phone. but if you do get an iPhone, at least you'll have something more simple minded for yourself.

as for the *** from Florida, it's called an opinion. there's a ton of opinions on this site.

people think they can return a laptop to Walmart 6 months after they bought it or return a box of opened cereal to Target or think that their husband's position at a company can get them discounts, the ability to harass the employees if they don't do what they say even if it includes bending the rules. those are sort of opinions because it's what they think they should do. I don't work for Microsoft considering I use an Android Phone, not a Windows phone. assuming I work for Microsoft is ludicrous.

I'm sorry to burst your Apple filled bubble but Apple is pretty uncreative.

I'm not saying they're a completely horrible company, they're just beyond overrated and their line of products is like Pepsi having regular Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Pepsi Next, etc. because why they all have a slight difference, they all are basically the same thing.

I think this is the one of the most *** post I have ever seen. People are free to buy whatever they like.

If they only want to buy Apple products and don't want to buy another company's products, that's their business. No one is forcing you to like or buy Apple's products. Why are you so concerned about what someone else likes and is willing to spend their own money on?

Do you work for Microsoft and are concerned because they are your competition? Calling Apple uncreative is absolutely ludicrous.

I have my android for over a year and it's junk about 6 months into it. I will be looking into an iphone next time.

Well I have an android And it's like using a cheap pc all the time. I have 2 extra space left hardly any applications and itI freezes constantly.

Pull the battery out and restart it like rebooting a cheap computer. They got bells whistles but it's like a heap ford and or cheap chevy

I agree, these commenters are ignorant.

ignorance

@Jeff too poor to own any Apple products..? it sounds like you have nothing better to come up with to defend your company full of homos.

iPod's aren't that expensive and iPhones can be bought for around the same price as Android phones, if it's with a new contract or upgrade. the only extremely expensive thing would be the Macs. which are a WASTE OF MONEY, I never said I didn't have the money.

why buy a Mac for over a grand when you can spec out a decent Windows laptop? you're beyond too dumb to post on this site.

Sounds to me like you are just too poor to own any apple products. Jealous much?

@Pulltype okay, have fun with your boyfriend, Satan tonight.

@Satan you forgot to include 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7. at least the names are different so your point barely makes any sense. have fun with your boyfriend, Pulleverytypeofdick, tonight.

@jeff of course I know that. Android is not even a company, it's an OS developed by Google. so you're the wrong one buddy. I was just making a simple example but apparently, it wasn't simple enough for you.

@MauiAL50 not all Android phones are the same exact shape but the rectangle is a basic shape for phones, duh. and of course they have a similar form of OS. it's Android. but every time a new update is releases, it changes. look at Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich. all different. when a new update is available for the iPhone, it's usually barely anything. the only memorable one was when the notification bar and Siri were released. of course the idea of the notification bar was probably based on the one for Android phones but oh well. let's not forget how much more powerful Android phones are today. I used a Droid Razr but come on, my Motorola Droid that I don't use anymore has the same amount of ram as the iPhone's pathetic amount of ram. and that phone came out over 2 years ago. and if your company doesn't allowed Android to access their VPN, that's not Google's fault. it's theirs. I'm not against iPhones that much, I'm more against Apple as a whole. and if you buy an iPad, you're basically buying an overpriced tablet. a larger version of your phone that can only be used with a Wi-Fi connection rather than a 3G/4G connection.

You do realize that most Android phones are rectangles running a similar form of the same OS and have the ability to make calls, don't you? Myself, I am not a Mac user, but I have an iPhone.

My first one was a gift, then I bought a 3GS rather than an Android when I found out my company does not allow Android devices access to their VPN. I will probably upgrade to an iPhone 5 when it comes out because, rather than being afraid of change, I see no reason to change simply for change sake.

The iPhone platform works for me, so why move to a different one? As for the iPad, I may or may not buy one, I have yet to decide.

View more comments (12)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Apple Stole $900.00 from my bank account

Someone hacked my business debit card info and made a fake mastercard. they used it at an Apple Store. Because it is a business account my bank could not reverse the charge so I'm out $900 bucks. I have called the store numerous times, I have called the Apple corporate offices and they are totally ignoring me. they will not return my calls. I am a small struggling business and they are worth billions. they can afford to give me the money back but they won't. they did NOT check ID on whoever used my card. this is their mistake but I have to pay for it. It's so unfair. APPLE SUCKS

If they made a fake master card aka loading your card number, on a different card with a magnetic strip, all they would have to do is print a different name on it as the card strip will not show up any other personal information aside from the account number and the security code.

so they may have checked the persons "id" and it could have matched.

your best bet is to dispute it with your bank as it is a debit card, and try to establish a purchasing routine if possible to help prevent this from happening again in the future.

Wow, that really sucks. Actually I would blame Master Card more than the Apple store.

Why does MC have such a non customer friendly policy that their zero liability for debit cards does not extend to business debit cards? Knowing this, I certainly would never consider having a business debit card account with them!

South Amboy, New Jersey

Apple unbelievably bad customer service

I have an iPhone 4 through Verizon. I have a software issue with iTunes and the photo albums in the phone. After a hour and 20 minutes on the phone I was finally transferred to an Apple rep who said since I have had the phone longer than 90 days I have a choice of paying $29.99 twice as I have 2 problems or buying a one year service contract for $69.99. This is the most outrages thing I have ever heard of for customer support. It's one thing to charge for support for small low cost items but an iPhone is a $600.00 item. If you get one of these phone pray you never have problems or be prepared to pay through the nose to fix them. No more Apple products for me.

you could always try restoring the phone to the latest firmware, that is what the rep would tell you to do anyways after they got your money.

Fargo, North Dakota