Seller: Apple State: California City: San Jose Product: Apple Repair Clear all filters (0 of 22 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Apple does not honors a warranty with iPhone 6S Plus

I have a brand new iphone 6S Plus ordered from Sprint. It is dead after more than two weeks. I stop by Apple Store for a repair. The technician there told me they have to ship it to Service Center in CA for further diagnostic. After more than a week, Apple Store call me that they do not honor the warranty because there is a unauthorized modification in the iphone. They said either I pay $749 for a new phone or I get the bad phone back without repair. I never open the phone for messing with the components inside. The phone is almost new, I use it only a few weeks. The phone is dead on me after an overnight charge and now I feel shocked because it looks to me I am the guilty guy 100% for the dead phone. I request Apple Service Center give me a description on what part has been modified so I can bring the issue to Sprint. They said their internal policy do not allow to disclose what part has been modified. They say about unauthorized modification and they are not telling me what part has been modified. I bought it from Sprint so either Sprint modifies it or I do but neither party has anything to do with this. Sprint ships this phone to me in a new box, I open it and use for more than two weeks. No messing around with internal parts. I try to explain the Store Technical Supervisor Team to no avail. Do they think about someone in Service Center in Sacramento swap the part or a technician incompetence of servicing the latest iphone model and the most easy way out is to blame someone with modification and close the case.

I am having them exact same issue. Apple store told me the same thing.

Phone is 3 months old battery died and wont turnback on. Apple said added circuitry via a modification.

Complete bs. Did they resilve your issue?

I'm confused, did you or did you not take the issue up with someone at Sprint?

ridesharing
@Anonymous

Sprint says that it needs a details document from Apple on what component has been modified.

Apple says that its internal policy does not disclose any component modification to any external party.

I got stuck between the rocks.

I will update when I have more news from both Apple and Sprint.

View more comments (2)
Review
Service
Apple Repair
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Tags
  • Apple store customer service sucks

Contact Apple Customer Service