1.1

Bought an Apple Gift Card at Wal-Mart hoping to top off the balance on my App Store account. When I tried to redeem the code, the code had already been redeemed.

Tried contacting Apple Support, telling them that I just purchased the Gift Card a couple hours ago and I had the Gift Card in possession throughout my travels from Wal-Mart to my home.

Apple Support told me that I have to contact Wal-Mart Because Apple Support can't do anything redeeming gift cards. Contacted Wal-Mart.

They said they can't do anything and told me to call Apple Support.

When online and found out that there is a scam going on around the world of people purchasing Apple Gift Cards from big box stores like Wal-Mart getting ripped off after activating their cards.

Even the FBI had been involved and warn consumers not to purchase gift cards from big box retailers. Now, I'm out $50 with no way of getting my money back.

User's recommendation: DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR APPLE GIFT CARD AT BIG BOX RETAILERS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Gift Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Apple Pros: Great software, I liked phone before it quite working properly.

Apple Cons: Do not like the way they conduct business, Horrible customer service.

Location: 13425 Community Road, Poway, CA 92064