Verified Reviewer

I have probably owned at least 20 Macs. My first was an AppleIIE.

Lately, something is very wrong at Apple. I have had a couple of positive experiences but the bad experiences are far more numerous and make me want to never purchase another product. I had a problem with a Catalina OS update. I had a SENIOR technical support person answer.

She did not say, "Welcome to Apple." She said, "DO NOT SPEAK. I WILL ASK YOU A QUESTION AND YOU ARE TO ANSWER ONLY ONE WORD, YES OR NO. IT THAT CLEAR?" I responded, "Yes." Then she proceeded to ask me a TWO part question. I was silent for a little because I was unsure how to answer the question per her demands.

Finally I said, "Yes to the first, no to the second." She started screaming at me. "I SAID TO SAY ONE WORD AND YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU WERE TOLD." And she hung up on me. Yes, this was the worst but a couple of other experiences have been almost as bad. Frankly this was the worst phone support session that I have ever had in my long life.

Has Apple joined the long list of businesses that just don't care?

There also seems to be no way to address this with the company. You can fill out a "feedback" form but they confess that they rarely read them.

User's recommendation: Sadly, I think Apple is not what it once was. Avoid.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Apple Cons: Rude techs, Talked to me like i was a 2 year old.

Comments