1.3

My iphone8 screen broken when I was on holidays in TR. unfortunately authorized service denied repairing my screen due to Turkish regulation (I live in NL so foreigner device has to be registered first to get service).

I called Global Apple Support to ask solution, consultant referred me to 3rd party repair shop to replace my screen for 20-30euro.

Officially he did it. (Case number101130****70 or 101130****76)

Stupid me I replaced it with non-original part.

My screen become unstable and sensor doesn't work.

I called again Apple support and raised a complaint case (case number 101130****12)

I have been calling and writing via Apple support application however they don't have solution even though they escalated to senior consultant. In the end all the consultants that I have talked, being shocked when they hear that I referred to 3rd party by official apple consultant.

Once I called NL Apple support again today, I was informed they cannot do anything about it.

I am as a user do not need to know which part is important which is not, according to official technical consultant's referral I went to 3rd party service and repaired device.

BONUS: Apple says that, Any Apple Store or authorized service won't accept my device because non-original part/s in it.

User's recommendation: Do not trust Apple and Apple advisor take your own risk.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Iphone 8 Cell Phone.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Tolga K
#1923121

I made an appointment to replace the screen in the apple store, they offer me to replace the screen for 150euro. but I have already paid for a fake screen according to their advice, also I have spent hours during months to get a solution from them. definitely I am a pissed consumer.

Apple Reviews