2.6
Ease of Use
Style and Design

1. My kids wanted to gift me Logic Pro X for Christmas.

2. They went onto the Apple.com site and searched for Logic pro < https://www.apple.com/au/search/Logic-Pro-X?src=globalnav> 3. It returns: Logic Pro X - Apple (AU) https://www.apple.com/au/logic-pro/ 4. There is no option to gift this product and fearing it would be registered to their Apple ID if they purchased it, they ask if they can give me a gift card - I say YES !

5. The gift card says: "Give them an Apple Store Gift Card and they can get Apple hardware and accessories at any Apple Store, at apple.com or by calling 133-622." 6. They get this gift card and they email it to me 7. I go online, find Logic Pro X and click BUY - expecting an option to redeem my Gift Card - No such luck - it charges my credit card 8.

I call Apple, explain the problem and request (as I have now effectively paid for the product TWICE) that they refund the gift card 9. They refuse to do so, because, they tell me, my kids should have purchased an iTunes gift card NOT an Apple Store gift card. What arrant nonsense is this ? The online path to purchase does not make this clear and as Apple and iTunes are the same entity .

. . . I don’t care which pocket they have my money in – it’s my money, not theirs.

It has taken - 6 calls, 1.5 HOURS on the phone and discussion with every level of “customer service” management and they will not budge. As an owner of almost every iteration of Apple computer since 1989 I am NOT happy !

Review about: Apple Gift Card.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Intransigence apple have displayed, Arrogance.

Comments

applehater

No refunds on software means you don't get a refund for your own stupidity