2.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased an IPhone 7 model 1778! I paid 756 for the phone shortly after they came out.

We purchased two phones on the same day, One has been okish considering Apple intentionally messed up the battery and operating system on older devices.

My phone however has been the worst phone I have ever owned. It started having major glitches without a few months. I tried taking into the store in Apple store in Danbury Ct, while under warranty. I was having multiple problems from screen freezing, to calls dropping and people often only being able to hear unless I used headphones.

I either got the short straw or their Genius’s aren’t so technically trained and are more interested in commissions than customer service.

Their “genius” told me after testing to see if there had been any software failures logged, that it was all happening because of one of my Apple certified apps.

Of course he had no idea which and his fix was to keep resetting to factor default and then restoring from my back up

I’m not a genius but I recognize stupid and illogical, clearly I had hardware problems.

Now it’s out of warranty and loosing service in addition to the other problems. I took it into a non Apple but reputable repair place, because really why would I go back to my local Apple store?

Only to find out I was not only right about it being a hardware problem, but it’s a known problem on every iPhone from 7 on.

They are admitting the problem on a few models of the 7 but that is it.

So apparently Apple’s award winning customer service died with Steve Jobs. Now they only own what they are forced to do because my model and lots of others hasn’t been added to their very narrow recall list I have to pay for defective components that have been defective since I bought the phone

Oh and now that I was forced to update to the latest version their software is killing my battery so I also need to pay 29 for a new battery

I will never by another Apple.

These phones should have been perfect and well supported for $756, I’m sure not paying more when the 8 and X are both having hardware issues reported that Apple is not taking responsibility for.

Apple is not the same company, products are no where near as good but boy do they want people to pay a lot of lower quality.

Now I find out they didn’t even follow your own customer service procedures.. And NOW I FIND OUT YOU HAVE A KNOWN HARDWARE Failure on the motherboard but I have to pay to fix it!!! Contacting my attorney general, bbb and posting

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Iphone 7 Cell Phone.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 02.

Comments