Verified Reviewer

On June 15th, I ordered a Macbook Air using Apple's online store, as all stores in my area are currently closed due to COVID. The product was "delivered" via FedEx Ground on June 23rd however I never received it.

I promptly called Apple customer service to file a claim and ask for a refund. I was told the request would be reviewed and take up to 7 business days. After 7 business days, I heard nothing from Apple and called again. I was told by the new customer representative that I would need to speak to the supervisor and that would take another 7 business days before I could potentially be refunded.

My laptop cost $982.16 and because of the pandemic, everything I need to do is online. I do not have the disposable income to just go out and buy a new laptop - I either need a refund or a replacement and waiting up to two weeks to receive any answer is unacceptable. Apple is a trillion dollar business and they cannot refund me my $1000 for an item that was lost. Furthermore, when I tried to explain this to the customer representative she cut me off and rudely explained to me I must be patient while they do their due diligence.

I do not understand why I must be punished for something on their end.

I demand a refund and compensation for this despicable behavior. I expected better from Apple but I was wrong.

User's recommendation: Be informed ahead of time of Apple's procedures for shipping and their poor customer service. Think twice before you buy from them. I thought because of their big name, they would be excellent in service but it is the opposite.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Macbook Air Laptop.

Apple Pros: Big name.

Apple Cons: Poor customer service, Impossible to get in touch with, Expensive.

Comments