Show reviews that mention
phone iphone service customer store problem customer service products support money
Filter review

Apple iTunes updates ruined my 32gb 2nd gen iPod Touch

I purchased an iPod Touch 32gb mp3 player 14 months ago. Apple has released several updates for iTunes and this devide. The newest and last 2 updates for their "Genius" playlist made my iPod go crazy. The update last month made my iPod search for a nonexistent playlist with a pop up screen coming up stating that the genius was not turned on...no bull I had it turned off in iTunes, I was not interested in using that. This made the iPod lose track of the songs it was playing, I was having to navigate back to the songs list and hit shuffle again. It would create it's own playlist, play about 6 songs then start repeating them. Then after about 30 minute of play time, the iPod would shut off, going to a black screen with a white apple in the middle of it. This screen would not go away for quite awhile, over an hour or 2. Then it would come back on, and do the same thing all over again. Last week a new update came out. I installed it to iTunes, sync'ed my iPod and checked it out. The problem was solved it seemed, the genius feature wasn't searching for the list I never created. I let the Touch fully charge and all was good...until today. Today was the first day I turned on the iPod since the last update. The screen stays totally black, will not power on nor will iTunes even recognize that it is plugged into my pc. I have tried to run a diagnostic test on the device, it just says no iPod is detected or plugged in. Spending close to 400.00 for 14 months of use is ridiculous. If Apple releases an update, they should make sure it works with all the iPods that are on the market so they won't end up having pissed off customers, or plan on issuing refunds or replacements so people can enjoy what their hard earned money paid for. Next time I am in the market for an mp3 player, which I have a feeling now it is going to be sooner than I expected, It will not be an Apple product. With updates like these, they will lose all their customers and end up bankrupt. I do sincerely hope someone from Apple reads this, I loved my iPod touch but can no longer recommend Apple or their products. 2 months out of warranty, my Touch looks like the day I pulled it out of the box with the exception of a few fingerprints, not a scratch on it. I do not abuse my personal belongings, I wish Apple would respect everyone's devices in kind. They need to fix it, replace it or refund if free of charge, it's their error.

Yall a bunch of haters! Apple rocks.

Customer service is OK but all apple prouducts rock.

If your battery is dead go to a search engine that finds cheap durable prouducts. :zzz :zzz

There is a battery problem that Apple refuses to take care of concerning their software.

Ha sucks for you. I have an iPod, iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook,almost every Apple product.

Daelan

I have several apps and a couple movies, no podcasts. all of the apps were downloaded from iTunes store and updated regularly.

I have checked out the forums for possible solutions. I got it working for a short while, it was stuck in sleep mode, a mode I never put it in...said in the forum to hold down the power button for 10 seconds but it seemed to take more like 20 for it to finally power on.

Now it's doing the same thing, shutting down after less than an hour of play. When the iPads were first advertised, I thought about getting one, now I am not so sure I want to give Apple, Inc any of my business.

Besides music what else did you have on your devise?

You backed up yer date it seems so why not roll it back to an ealier version of the software and see if that helps.

don't give up! There are many developers out there that might be able to help. Have a look.

No I am not from the company or have anythig to do with them but it seems you are completly in the right here and I hate to see people who are in the right get screwed over.

Hope it works out for you

View more comments (4)
ID
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection