Orlando, Florida
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

Update by user May 19, 2016

when a company considers a 5 year old product ready for the trash heap, it reflects on the quality of their current products. Apple is only interested in the latest (and most expensive) new thing.

Original review posted by user May 18, 2016

The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it".They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to crack open and repair.

They'll even give you credit toward the purchase of the latest and greatest (provided you realize it's shelf life is just a short as the machine you are scrapping). Maybe they should number their computers like they do with their phones so that I can always be sure to have the latest throw-away gadget. I'll be shopping elsewhere for my next computer.

Apple is all about hip design and not about function.Ugh.

Review about: Apple Computer Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: integrity -- build a better mousetrap and then stand behind the mousetrap you build..

I liked: Clean design.

I didn't like: Durability of product over time, Poor quality.

Had an Experience with Apple?

Comments

applehater

Apple as well as most other companies rate their hardware at just 1 year.You can opt for the extended service and support agreements which only extend the life support by just two additional years.

This is done as new technologies are created by various other companies to sell a new product. Think of this like a car, most car companies rate the product they are selling at only a base longevity 3 years or 36,000 miles, which ever comes first.

Now speaking after 3 years of a computer, I am really happy to see yours lasted 5 years (A lot of products don't make it past it's original intended 1 year mark and therefore are replaced). Which lasted 4 years more than what Apple originally thought it would be.

At your 5 year mark you should have been already in the market to purchase another computer or understand that your computer is obsolete. In no way is this Apple's fault.

Time to put on your big boy/girl pants and move on.

If you still feel like you need to complain and feel entitled to your overpaid product, contact Apple Customer Relations at 800-275-2273

Phill2013
to applehater #1167927

I have put on my big boy pants and moved on in my 1985 300SD - without Apple. Good luck with your throw-away economics.