Update added by user May 19
when a company considers a 5 year old product ready for the trash heap, it reflects on the quality of their current products. Apple is only interested in the latest (and most expensive) new thing.
Original review posted by user May 18
The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it".They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to crack open and repair.
They'll even give you credit toward the purchase of the latest and greatest (provided you realize it's shelf life is just a short as the machine you are scrapping). Maybe they should number their computers like they do with their phones so that I can always be sure to have the latest throw-away gadget. I'll be shopping elsewhere for my next computer.
Apple is all about hip design and not about function.Ugh.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Clean design
What I disliked
- Durability of product over time
- Poor quality
You May Also Like
- "Terrible service corte Madera Patrick H. Claimed to be the manager in charge. 0 knowledge of customer service. I carried a desk top from Two parking lots away..."
- "I get a thousand dollar Thunderbolt Display. I open the box, the unit has clearly been returned and purchased again. The wires are a mess. There's something missing. If I'm..."
- "This is to inform the officials who is in charge of apple products, I bought an apple I phone 6 and it’s showing lots of complaints including hanging problem. Right..."
- "In 2013 we purchased a sofa, love seat, dining room table and 6 chairs from #American Freight in Orlando FL. We purchased the 5 year warranty and were told it..."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "My complaint is against Surface Solutions & Design and its owner/operators, Peter M. *** and Lucie R. Elmer, for being deceptive about their product and the absolutely terrible floor installation..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."