New York, New York

I've written one...What happened to it? Will try to reconstruct since I did not make a copy and memory of this 76+ year old is quite weak. ORDER #9944913106

On Friday, August 26, 2016, Karen Amos sold me a deal that sounded wonderful. I was having difficulty with my MAC Apple Desktop computer, purchased in December 2009, with keyboard not connecting with text although batteries were new as well as losing some of my emails and/or attachments. The keyboard had delayed actions and often stopped completely, so I was not able to complete my tasks.

I was promised that this would be fixed and, if not, MY MONEY WOULD BE REFUNDED.

After three support people (Elizabeth, Hector and Daniel) and over two hours!!!... and a tremendous amount of patience!!!, I was told I had corrupt programs, BUT it can be fixed for additional $$$. I was too tired, too frustrated and felt I was going in circles with the support techs who either didn't know what they were doing with a MAC (because I kept getting messages about a PC) or Avast did not have Apple Mac software for the support techs to use ...

In any case, I quit for the evening and was not available either Saturday or Sunday.

On Monday, I called APPLE CARE. FREE OF CHARGE, my computer was cleaned up, updated and it is working! I no longer need the $179.99+$13.27=$193.26 service... Perhaps I should ask for more since my patience and frustration were beyond frazzled and I was an emotional basket case for many hours and couple days.

I'm sorry the three support techs were not able to fix my issues and perhaps Avast needs to advertise only for PC users, NOT Apple Mac users. That would be kind to the support tech and to the customer.

If you need further information, please don't hesitate to email or call.

I thank the support techs that tried to help and will anticipate a full refund as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Maria Harris

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Applecare Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

• Avast Complaint

Comments

applehater

Apple does not charge this high amount for technical support. Apple support for Out of Warranty Technical Support is usually $19 + tax if you are in the United States.

It appears you called a 3rd party company for help, was billed by said 3rd party company.

In this event, there is nothing Apple would be able to provide to you in the form of a refund as they did not take your billing information. You should contact your credit card company and have them reverse the charge if you do not know who you paid.

applehater