Verified Reviewer

1.7

My Apple phone needed a new battery. Called Apple.

Scheduled an appointment to get it done at Best Buy's Geek Squad. That was 1 of 3 choices. It was the closest repair center. No idea how long it will take.

Apple can't tell me. I get to Best Buy to find out it will take about 1 hr. and 40 minutes. Silly me.

I thought it would be a simple take one out and put one in situation. It was not. I was not prepared to leave my phone. Tech got rude about it.

I left. Found out a week later he didn't even have the part because he called to tell me it was in. I Came home and called Apple again. Decided to opt for sending it to directly to Apple for repair.

They sent a box and away it went. I got it back a few days later in worse shape than it was. No new battery. Now I have a battery that won't charge at all.

So much for repairing my phone. I called Apple a third time. This time I had no choice but to go to the Apple Store. I and the Apple customer service folks tried to get through to the store to make sure they had the part.

After 2 days of trying we gave up. I left my name and number for a call back and made the appointment anyway. Luckily my experience at the Apple store was a good one. Third times the charm.

Bottom line... Do better Apple. I wasted a ton of time and I was charged a fee to send my phone back and forth. A little communication and an estimated time needed would have saved me and your customer service folks a bunch of time and aggravation.

In this age of electronics poor communication within a company is just ridiculous. Of all companies I really expected better from you.

User's recommendation: Just go to the Apple Store. They may not have the part but it'll save you 3 tries.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Cell Phone Repair.

Preferred solution: Refund the fees to replace the battery and the shipping costs for all the time, shipping and transportation..

Comments