Featured

Apple Cash is willing to give me my MONEY, due to address changed

Apple Cash is willing to give me my MONEY, due to address changed
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

I was with Apple since 2016, my former company had a business account with them then I left, then I left and decided to open my own personal account and opened a business account last. Now that I do consulting for hotels and I live in hotels.

Apple Cash refuses to give me any of my Cash App Money back, since I don't have ref mail that matches the current address where I am, they have refused to give me my money (Apple Cash). My ID does not match their files, they would not send me my money... I no longer have an account with Apple for other reasons, I've cancelled my personal and business account. There is over 100 dollars remaining in my Apple Cash Account (they currently work with Green Dot) they will not give me my money.

A verified my social that verified all the information they need, I told them I give them my ID passport everything that the government can prove my identity, but Apple refuses to give it back my money. What do I do now?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Except apple cash
  • Great devices as they collaborate together
Cons:
  • Apple cash does collaborate with no other device than your iphone
  • Apple support needs more training on what each other department

Preferred solution: give me my money... Stress lots of stress and not able to sleep, mbarrassment. The humiliation, the humiliation.

User's recommendation: I hope you are never in this situation

Majed A Tsw

| map-marker Dubai, Dubai

Someone stole my money from apple wallet

Someone stole my money from apple wallet
SPETS ODEZHDA This website stole my money. I don't know how they accessed my Apple Wallet and they did not say anything to me.
Loss:
Pros:
  • How they access my account without information
Cons:
  • Aed

Preferred solution: My money

User's recommendation: Check with them please

Curtis D Fuy

Apple TV App vs iTunes: Poor Experience

Apple TV App vs iTunes: Poor Experience
Apple TV App vs iTunes: Poor Experience - Image 2
Apple TV App vs iTunes: Poor Experience - Image 3

The Apple TV iOS app has led to frustrations and lost money inadvertently spent on SD content. I wanted to warn the community about a poor user experience, described below:

Im a longtime Apple user and movie buff.

Have enjoyed using iTunes for 10+ years without issue. Purchasing HD movies there was always easy would get a verification Buy HD Movie on every purchase click of the button.

But when Apple pushed us all to the Apple TV app late last Fall, one of my devices (unknown to me) defaulted to SD content for purchases. I was completely unaware of this until recently. I would not have made this choice.

I only buy HD. I often buy on iPhone or iPad and watch on Apple TV devices later.

There appear to be no visual indications within Apple TV app that one is purchasing lower quality SD content. The pages for each movie display 4k etc. even if buried somewhere in Settings one has SD as a default.

I tested this. A person could assume they were always getting HD content and not notice it until later (blurry picture, no extras).

Check your settings! I didnt even know it was there, at the bottom, and it was just one device that was SD my iphone. If a single device is SD and you make purchases there, that is what you will get across the Apple ecosystem.

To me, this has left some of us legacy itunes store users with a poor user experience.

Unfortunately, my support requests to Apple went nowhere. I requested refunds for the SD versions simply so I could re-purchase the exact same content at HD. Apple would lose no money. After hours on chat and phone with Apple, my refunds were flatly denied across the board.

The support people were all very nice and understood where I was coming from. They encouraged me to seek the refunds. But different departments I guess. Denied.

Not eligible. I dont get it. I cited the support ticket in each refund request.

I pre-ordered recent releases like Dune II and Civil War at full price and got SD. Whats even sillier is, there is no clear path for me to upgrade to HD now in the Apple TV app.

The option Im given now for Dune II and Civil War is simply Play because it sees Ive already purchased the content (I have, at SD). If I want to re-buy at HD I have to whip out my 12 year old ipad, which still runs the good ol itunes store (barely):

At a minimum I wanted to share this as a cautionary tale. Settings, settings, settings.

Dont be me. And Im starting to understand why devotees of physical media feel the way they do.

I do miss iTunes.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Great suite of devices and services
  • Innovation
Cons:
  • Profits over customers
  • Poor apple tv app

Preferred solution: Refund/exchange of same SD content at HD.

User's recommendation: Check HD/SD settings, customer service will not refund

Lerato K Byt

My account is locked

Apple - My account is locked
Apple - My account is locked - Image 2
My account is locked and I can't reset it. Even when I use the number that is registered to the account.

Preferred solution: To unlock my account.

User's recommendation: Must be able to unlock if I still have number active under my account.

Guest

Your screwed apple sucks.

Jonathan B Ocl

| map-marker Clinton Township, Michigan

Apple used to be an amazing company, what happened?

Well over a dozen products purchased from Apple over the years, Apple TVs, desktops, laptops, multiple iPads, Tons and tons of phones. As much as I love the simplicity of Apple Im at a turning point of switching to Samsung products. Apple used to have a form of empathy where as now when you call for customer service its almost as if they mute you when they ask whats going on and then just transfer you to tier 2 if youre lucky. (I suppose) which is just another person that basically just says tough luck, go ahead and buy a new one is my best advice

With over 20+ years in management there are rules and policies in effect for a reason, which I totally respect. But there are times when exceptions should be made, especially when a customer has been so loyal to you since the beginning stages. Just the a quick synopsis, I bought my daughter an iPad 3 A1395 when it came out, after keeping it in a life proof case with proper care. Bam. Updates one night, no longer downloads any new apps. Was told its obsolete and to buy a newer one.

Okay, fine. I buy her an iPad 7th gen air A2197. Again always in its case, cared for properly. Does an update one night, next day its stuck in a boot loop. I call support they say take it to the store after I tried numerous things on my own. They tell me, sorry, its probably a hardware issue so I would say just buy a new one. This thing is immaculate has always been cared for and thats your answer?

With my daughter using it for school and upset when she sees how pissed off I am, I finally cave and buy her the newest latest greatest 10.9 IPAD AIR a2589. Again, always in this case, with screen protector. The one time it drops its from a short fall from the couch and the screen shatters. I call Apple immediately as shes distraught, Im still paying monthly on the thing to this day. They tell me take it into the store to see my options and thats the first step. I play along and do try that. Again, yeah, unfortunately the cost is probably more than the device so I would suggest buying a new one because even replacing the screen its hard to say if another damage was done in the drop.

Call back apple support, they just repeat what was already said and thats that. Seriously? Ive owned 3 pairs of AirPods, all have failed, the set I have now are the Pro and they are absolute garbage after about 6 months. No one can hear me on the phone. My iPhone 13 Pro Max never charges right I have to play with the chargers to have it charge. My iPhone 13 speaker is muffled, not under warranty and again. Buy a new one

Finally, I looked EVERYWHERE for someone of authority to make an executive decision to see that Im not abusing the system, but to show my loyalty to the brand and hope for an exception and Im referred to call customer care. Over 2 hours on the phone playing hot potato with the phone and ultimately ended up speaking with tier 2 and she tells me unfortunately thats the policy so, sorry for your luck but definitely leave us some feedback on our website and we do offer trade ins!

Thanks a lot. Ha. Absolutely worthless I have 3 overpriced paperweights. Phones that selectively work and glitch. AirPods I cant even use. And I looked into trade ins. In PRISTINE condition it was like $30 for the two iPads but the older ipad they offered to dispose of it for free. WOW. How kind. Im sure theyll tear it apart and piece together another pile of *** They truly do not care and I have a feeling that the company like Walmart was once a good company when under Steve Jobs watch, now his legacy is run by greed and profit margins and penny pinching. Its very sad to say this company has lost my trust and respect. And they under no circumstance will give you any corporate contact information. Other than generic information you can find online. You can send a letter but I would imagine that would fall upon deaf ears as well.

Most recent case number is 102244****27. Attached was a note saying We appreciate you taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. Please be assured that all of your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team within Apple. If you need help with a new issue, please contact Apple Support.

Clearly not even a personalized memo, just a generic response. Theyll listen, then take you off mute and read from the script. Thanks for nothing Apple.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy to use interface
Cons:
  • Overpriced
  • Warranty service not worth crap
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: I would LOVE to have all of these defective products replaced but clearly that’s not even in the realm of their reality. At the very least my daughter’s iPad should be replaced.

User's recommendation: Look into other products with companies that actually stand behind their product. Even with their extended warranties you’re still paying $80-500 depending what the case is.

Guest

ZZZZzzzzz. Apple is rotten to the core. I suggest a lifetime boycott.

Osman M Rma

| map-marker Accra, Greater Accra

Update iOS 15

Apple - Update iOS 15
Apple - Update iOS 15 - Image 2
I can't update my iPhone 6 Plus to the latest iOS or even the previous iOS. It says it's up to date, meanwhile, it's not.

Preferred solution: Resolve my issues

User's recommendation: Resolve the issue for me

Jane S Pxi

Resolved: Defective screen

Updated by user May 12, 2024

Repair scheduled at no charge.

Original review May 09, 2024
An Apple rep told me my defective screen would be replaced at no charge. He gave me an appointment for 5/9/24, 1 hour and 10 minutes from my home with Best Buy Geek Squad.

I showed up for my appointment and was told I would have to pay almost $400. The Geek Squad person was extremely rude, so I called Apple again and asked to speak to a supervisor. He was nice enough but told me the only thing covered by the limited warranty was the software on the phone!
The phone was almost $1,000 and was purchased in 11/2024. And they want you to buy coverage on top of it.

As I said, the screen protector is intact; their poor quality or defective screen cracked.
I've owned iPhones since the iPhone 4, and if they don't do right by me, I'll never get another one.
I talked to my carrier, Verizon, and of course, they can't help me. No surprise because when I traded my perfect 12 for a 14, they said I'd get over a $300 trade-in, and they gave me $37.

I called and told them I wanted my 12 returned, but they couldn't.
My screen was protected since I purchased the 15 plus in 11/23. I dropped the phone, and the 9h screen cover did not crack, but the defective phone screen cracked underneath it.
I will not pay to have this fixed, I will, however, file a complaint with the BBB and appropriate federal and state agencies.
Pros:
  • Right now no pros
Cons:
  • Everything about it the service is horrible

Preferred solution: My screen replaced no xharge

User's recommendation: Apple support sucks

Guest

Lol this is a positive review? I know it says resolved because now you have an appointment to have screen fixed.

But sounds like a huge pain in the butt just to get apple to help you and stand by there products.

Terrible company! I drove 24 miles to get to apple store for the employee to tell me to call customer support which was of course also not helpful.

DORAY H

APPLE GIFT CARDS

APPLE GIFT CARDS
APPLE GIFT CARDS - Image 2
APPLE IS SELLING DEFECTED GIFT CARDS AND WILL NOT REPLACE OR REFUND PAYING COUSTOMER. EVEN AFTER SENDING SCREENSHOT OF DAMAGED GIFT CARD STILL WAS DENIED REFUND APPLE BLAMES STORES WHERE CARDS ARE PURCHASE FOR PAYING COUSTOMER. I SENT ALL EVIDENCE THAT WAS ASK FOR FROM APPLE AND THEY STILL RIPPED ME OFF.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad product

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY APPLE GIFT CARDS

Jamison C Vum

| map-marker Hinckley, England

Resolved: Bait and Switch Apple Music pricing for Students

Updated by user May 19, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They canceled the Full Price Plan and then allowed me to sign up for the college plan as advertised.

They have resolved the issue. Thank you.

Original review May 12, 2024
Apple is advertising a $5.99 per month music subscription for students. I verified with my university, but Apple signed me up for the $10.99 plan and then afterwards said the promotion is not available. This is a bait and switch tactic. The other issue is that Apple products do not work well with non-Apple products. While music is in MP3 format and works on all devices, Apple engineers have made it exceedingly difficult to access content that I purchased years ago on any non-Apple product. I hate Apple.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy only for apple products
Cons:
  • Horrible company accountability and customer support

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY APPLE MUSIC

Monique C Dxr

| map-marker Coventry, Connecticut

Duped after buying an Apple laptop through Amazon

Duped after buying an Apple laptop through Amazon

After buying an Apple Macbook through Amazon, using it for 3 weeks, and not again for 3 weeks later, it developed multiple lines on screen. So I wanted to return it.

I paid about $900.00+.

Amazon said too late, you are pass the allowable return date. Not too happy but, they said go to an Apple Store, and they will take care of you and give you a new one or a store credit.

I go to the Apple Store (a 40 minutes drive, one way) said Amazon always extend their rules on returning product. They wouldn't do it for me, a long & very active Prime Member. I was shocked by their comment.

So Apple looks at the laptop and says the screen is cracked...

What? i used it for about 3 weeks, then off for 3 weeks only to have a cracked screen? How does that happened? Well, he said by slamming the top too hard or some object on the keyboard when you close the top over the keyboard.

Well, i didn't do any of these things. No one else uses my laptop.

Sorry, we cannot accept it back. What?

Well folks, I have had multiple laptops in my life and have 6 right now in my office. This is the only one with that problem.

(i thought to myself how cheap must those screens be? never never in my 30 years in business have i ever had a screen crack!)

So what can you do I said? Repair it, he said at the cost of $500.00 plus. OH!

No! i paid $900, and now you want $500 to repair just the screen? I asked if he can take it and me something a store credit for at least the parts that are good? He says NO, we don't do that!

I appealed again as i know that laptop is perfect except for the screen.

His answer again, we can't do that.

If one of my employees treated a client like this, s/he would be fired. That is no way to retain a client, never mind treating them like...

The least they could have done, was to take the laptop back, repair it at their cost (a lot less than they were going to charge me) and resale it as "used like new" no loss on their part because they were not refunding my laptop in full.

Had they provided a smaller store credit, I could have walked out with a less expensive iPad; a happy Apple customer with lots of future recommendations.

Guest

So you purchased your product through Amazon. The product then experienced some physical damage, which is not covered by the limited warranty, this is common with most products from any manufacturer.

Basically how that physical damage occurred, unless it was during shipping which would have been obvious with in a few days of getting it, was due to something you did, perhaps unknowingly but still. As for Amazon, they had no business setting expectations of the store as they did and that is on them for basically trying to pass you off to some one else, THAT is poor customer service. As for the Apple store, that employee was not in the wrong in anyway, they provided you with the options they are able to, and I am thankful you are not their manager cause you sound like a horrible manager if you are willing to place a customer over an employee. I highly doubt the employee was rude.

No customer is ever worth the value of an employee. One of the managers I have worked with in the past had a great policy, if a customer complains, we would ban them from the store, as they said, there are 1,000 more customers behind them waiting to come in, and guess what, their business is solid and recently just expanded two more stores.

In the end, next time you should purchase from the manufacturer directly, not a third-party reseller, and for Apple products, get the Apple Care. I have used my Apple Care a few times, usually cause of accidental damage and pay a small fee to get it fixed or replaced compared to a full price replacement.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2519100

Thank you for explaining to me that i was screwed! I have 6 laptops in my office and some are wwwwayyyyy oldder than Apple's and NONE of them ever had that problem.

Apple manufactured a cheap cheap product.

Screens don't crack out of no where unless they are made very very thin and cheap. NeVER again.

Guest

You were not their client. You went cheap and ordered from Amazon and got a crummy 15 day return policy.

Amazon had no business telling you what Apple would or would not do. Also, a cracked screen is apparent and doesn’t take 6 weeks to show lines/irregularities on the display. Apple offers you a one year limited warranty but it does not cover accidental damage.

If you are asserting it was shipped that way, your issue is with Amazon. It’s a poor way of thinking to try to portray yourself as the Apple Store’s client and think you were disrespected because “they can fix it at cost and sell it used.” All while not having made your purchase there.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492178

You misunderstood! read my complain carefully.

i buy everything thru Amazon even some food products. I become automatically an Apple customer once their product is deliver to a consumer.

In addition, they cover their product for up to one year. Just because i purchased it thru Amazon DOES NOT exempt Apple from taking care of manufacturing defects still under warrantee.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492221

They have seen enough scams to know. Like I said, a cracked screen doesn’t take six weeks to show irregularities on the display.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492178

My Apple ID is not active

My Apple ID is not active
My Apple ID is not active - Image 2
My Apple ID is not active - Image 3
My Apple ID is not active over a while now Been not apple to subscribe, download stuffs from Apple Store and many more. Since
Beth M Ygy

| map-marker Kyle, Texas

Resolved: Extremely poor customer service!!!!!!

Apple - Extremely poor customer service!!!!!!

I bought iphone 14 for my 83yr old husband in 2022. My children already told me not to do any passwords etc which we did.

He was using it mostly to communicate with us and peruse social media. Last year July 2023 I think or maybe later. He had a problem and could not use it. I asked our children to help us resolve the issue but was unsuccessful.

First I went to an Apple store in Sugar Land and was told they would not be able to unlock it, I was told to go back to the store where I purchased the device and get a proof of purchase which I did. The Spectrum store, our carrier, could not help us either but gave us the PoP to call the support. I did call on 01/11/2024 and spoke to Dawn who walked me through sending the PoP as well attached and said wait for the reply. The response came that it was an automated denial (I will say the reason why it was automated).

On 01/16/2024 I called back support and spoke to OM, he told me I needed to request it using my husband's e-mail and he also requested to use the "face-to-face" with me to see the PoP in my possession, for the second time I followed and was optimistic because he told me the denial was because it was not my husband' email.

First of all, I bought this phone for my husband. If OM was just making it up to find a resolution it was another automated denial with that same request to show PoP.

On 02/01/2024, today I spoke thoroughly with 2 supports Alexia and Kyra the supervisor.

The EXACT the same recommendation that I needed to submit.

I asked her a question about who could unlock the phone I gathered that it was tech support then later in our conversation it was security. I told her therefore she could not do anything for me with a positive response. I told her, therefore, we both were wasting our time and therefore I needed to get to another level, what could she recommend???

It was nothing!!! Sooooo frustrating...SSSSSooooo disappointing to buy a very expensive phone and have no decent support professionally.

Cons:
  • Pooooooo support

James P Wlq

| map-marker Des Peres, Missouri

I had stopped getting emails on my Iphone 14

Apple - I had stopped getting emails on my Iphone 14

The problem was that I had stopped getting emails on my Iphone as well as not getting a connection to my internet provider. This was a service provider by T Mobile with whom I spent one and a half hours on the phone.

T Mobile was unable to fix the problem so they forwarded the call to Apple technical help and after another hour plus they suggested and made an appointment for me to go to their service center at West County Mall. The appointment was for 1:05 PM (?) I arrived at 1:03 and was immediately sent to a table with three other people to wait for help to arrive which was at 1:20. He asked fo my sign in credentials which was given and he set up my phone for a sign in, the he left. After twenty five minutes of waiting for the sign in I asked another technician how long this should take.

He said "not that long" and he signed me in and hooked up my email immediately.

So, my phone worked again, but after 2 1/2 hours on the phone and another hour at the Apple help center, I learned nothing. I has asked for a review of the settings on my phone because of all the changes I had made earlier by the Tmobile and Apple phone people. This was not done and I felt glad to be out of their service center.

They were not rushed with customers and there were probably five to seven technicians standing arount talking to each other. Very disappointing customer service.

Pros:
  • Leader in technology
Cons:
  • Are not concerned about consumers any more

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Think twice before you commit to Apple and their system

Selina D Qjq

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

IPod touch 6th generation

Apple - IPod touch 6th generation
I been have problem with my iPod touch 6 th generation because I forgot my passcode right know is disabled because how much try to get in it
Netty C

| map-marker Lynchburg, Virginia

Won't update business address

Hello, I moved my business to a new location 4 years ago. Google, Bing, and every other search engine has updated my address, but for some reason Apple maps will not update! They keep saying they will, and the next day I'll get an email saying they can't. I have had so many customers with iPhones going to the old address and missing their appointments. Who do i have to talk to to get this resolved??
Southern M

| map-marker New York, New York

Apple stole from me

Apple stole from me
Apple stole from me - Image 2
Apple made my account inactive without notification or justification. I pay Apple to store my data and to make sure it's isn't stolen so it's unbelievable that they refuse to give me my data back and won't explain why??
Loss:
Cons:
  • Steal data for no reason worst customer service

Preferred solution: I want my stolen data back!!!!!!

User's recommendation: Use another service

Eli P Naa

Being tricked by Apple

After my MacBook Pro's screen cracked, I sent it to Apple for repair. Before the repair, the battery was lasting a considerable amount of time, but after getting it back, it drains within an hour.

Despite bringing this issue to the attention of the Apple store staff, including the manager, they did not acknowledge my concerns or provide assistance. What's particularly frustrating is that I had already paid $700 for the screen repair, and their solution was to suggest purchasing a new MacBook altogether.

This suggestion seems unreasonable, especially considering that if the battery had been malfunctioning prior to the repair, I would have understood the need for a replacement. However, the fact that the battery issues only arose after the repair is perplexing, and the suggestion of purchasing a new device feels unjustified and frankly, absurd.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: don't purchase apple products if you can

Guest

I refuse to have anything to do with Apple. Always have. Anybody who would steal a name from The Beatles, get sued, and have to pay up is just plain uncool and doesn't deserve my consideration.

Apple FAQs

Winnie Murugi
Winnie Murugi
PissedConsumer Reporter

Apple is a technology company that is best known as the maker of iOS devices. It is based in Cupertino, California with thousands of retail stores across the globe.

Apple FAQs

To start resetting, users should open Settings on the watch, go to General > Reset, choose Erase All Content and Settings, and enter the passcode. In case the passcode is lost, it is necessary to press and hold the side button on the watch until the Power Off notification appears. Resetting can be completed by pressing and holding the Digital Crown.

The iPhone and the watch should be laid next to each other. Then, the pairing screen should appear on the iPhone. It is also possible to open the Watch application on your iPhone, then tap Pair New Watch. To finish the setup, follow the prompted instructions.

Apple TV HD with 32GB storage starts at approximately USD 150.00. You may get 3 months after eligible device activation. After 3 months, a subscription will cost USD 4.99 per month. The plan automatically renews until canceled. You may also buy Apple TV+, Apple TV app, Apple TV 4K, and AirPlay.

To change the ID, you should sign it on appleid.apple.com, choose Edit in the Account section, select Change Apple ID, and enter the email address that you want to use. To complete the change, check your email for a verification code and enter the code.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article