Verified Reviewer

Visited a local Apple Store to buy a new iPad. There were zero (0) customers in the store but the staff would not let me in because I didnt have an appointment.

Thats right: no customers inside. Maybe 8 or 10 staff wiping down counters. Could I make an appointment for a few minutes from now to visit their empty store? Nope.

Not allowed. Its the COBRID (sic) you know Yeah, I know all about it, Im a physician. What I also know is sheer lunacy when I experience it.

This tops anything Ive ever experienced for foolishness. Theyd rather turn me away from an empty store than check my temperature and sell me an iPad.

I then tried calling Apple customer service, spoke to a tech person, they were going to transfer me to actual customer service, put me on hold after which, about ten minutes later, I heard a message in Spanish that I didnt understand at which point the call disconnected.

User's recommendation: Try an independent Apple reseller, perhaps.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Apple Pros: Superior technology.

Location: 508 Legacy Place, Dedham, MA 02026