Seller: Apple State: Virginia Product: Apple Repair Clear all filters (0 of 22 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Apple in Reston, Virginia - Brought Laptop in for Repair, Came Back Broke

Brought my laptop in for a hard drive replacement; when I got it back, the trackpad bar didn't work right. Brought it back in a few days later- they now claim that I must have spilled something onto it (I say that in the 67 hours they had it after they repaired it, they must have spilled something). I know I didn't spill anything, and I had sole possession of it once I left the store. They claim to have run an overnight diagnostic which would prove that the battery was fine when it left, but I received the repair complete notice before they could have run an overnight diagnostic (the part was not in stock, and I received the completed notice the next day); also, if the diagnostic were run, it would have been 67 hours before I took possession of it. Now they want to charge me $755 to clean it and replace the battery (which swelled because of the unidentified liquid).

Sounds like you got your computer wet before the hard drive replacement and you just didn't know it. Either way, I highly doubt they are spilling liquid in computers at the Apple store and then lying about it.

It's much more likely that you got your computer wet yourself and just didn't see or know that it happened. Now you have to pay some money to get it fixed - makes complete sense to me.

Review