3.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

One week ago I got the new iPhone Xs and so far it's a cool, new device, but there is an issue with it.

About five days in with my brand new iPhone, it became evident that my device was having issues connecting to WiFi properly. Upon arriving home, the device connects to my WiFi, but only if I'm in my living room. This is an issue because I typically use my phone in my bedroom, not the living room. I live in a tiny NYC apartment so the difference between the living room and my bedroom is only a few feet so this really should not be happening.

Before I switched to the new iPhone, I was not having issues with this, even though I was using an old, iPhone 6s that I'd had for almost three years. Nothing with my internet provider or the equipment has changed, the only change is the new expensive iPhone I bought. This is especially problematic because I do not have unlimited data and before realizing this was happening, I spent a large amount of time browsing online, watching videos, using social media, and streaming music, for days, all while not realizing that I was using data and not WiFi.

Now that I am aware of this issue, I find myself having to get up out of bed over and over again at night/in the morning and walk to the living room just to re-connect to the WiFi. Because this purchase wasted so much of my data initially, I now have to limit the amount of data I use on my commute and while out and about, which I previously did not have to do.

On top of all of this, there seems to be an additional issue with connecting to LTE. It seems the new expensive device does not connect as often or as quickly to LTE as my old iPhone 6s did.

Altogether this is somewhat frustrating, especially considering the price point of the device. I've seen others reporting the same issue. If my phone bill is more expensive due to the overuse of data, I will be very frustrated. I am counting on there being a software update to resolve the issue, otherwise, I'm not sure what I will do.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments