Verified Reviewer

2.8

I owned an I phone x which within 20 months of ownership developed a purple vertical line and green hue on 1/3 left of the screen.

Fully functional except for this visual issue

Brought the phone to upper east side store in NYC on July 1st for repair.

Was told it was water damage , not covered u dear quality warranty and the only option was to buy a new phone X for $539.00 +tax.

I know For sure that the phone was never exposed to any water.It is either in my pocket or on my desk, was never taken to a beach or used under rain . I feel Apple is making this up to force me to buy a new phone.

I refuse to do so and asked for my old phone back but now it has lost all the tactile functions.I can receive calls but not make them.Before I entrusted my phone to the Apple store, I still could get to my phone and other apps and use them.

The issue started in April and because of Covid stores were closed. That is why I had to wait until July 1 to see a Genius Bar person.

Really disgusted with the way Apple handled this.

User's recommendation: Do not trust Apple when they push to buy new instead of repair.

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Iphone X Cell Phone.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments